posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Default Copying computer CD Charts into a chartplotter

Bjarke Christensen wrote:
I'm in chock .... That will "freeze" me on 6.5. I probably have to
look at alternatives. Having everything i one piece of software is
the whole trick with mapsource.

/Bjarke

"Spammy Spamson" wrote in message
snip

You DON'T get the cursor on the PC with mapsource above version 6.5.
To do that you have to use "NRoute" which is geared more to
navigating on highways. (blechhhh)

snip

Download Garmin Tracking Enabler from the ftp site at
http://garmincity.dyndns.org/ and you should be OK even with the latest
versions.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Patrick Harman wrote:
With NOAA giving away "Official" official charts for free and
updating them regularly, it would seem that there is a business
opportunity for someone to build a chart plotter that the end user
could use the NOAA charts with.

The current manufactures have no interest in this as they all either
produce or have exclusive relations with electronic chat makers. I
currently use both a chart plotter and my laptop with navigation
software that can use both the raster and vector NOAA charts.

If it existed I would purchase a chart plotter that could use the NOAA
charts. I believe the dedicated chart plotter is more reliable, more
rugged, and probably more water proof than my laptop.

Bottom line I feel that the time has come for a chart plotter that
could use NOAA charts is here. I am willing to beta test such a unit
for anyone already working this problem. E-mail me individually for
my electronic, cartographic, and navigation experience. I am retired
and have the time to donate to this endeavor

Pat Harman

Don't imagine any of the current manufacturers of chart plotters would be
interested since it's the software where they make their money.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bjarke Christensen

That site continues to be "Site is down!!". Any other (reliant) sources ??

Tried google but that just guided me to a lot of virus infected .ru sites.

/Bjarke

Bjarke Christensen wrote:
That site continues to be "Site is down!!". Any other (reliant)
sources ??

Tried google but that just guided me to a lot of virus infected .ru
sites.

/Bjarke

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message

snip

Download Garmin Tracking Enabler from the ftp site at
http://garmincity.dyndns.org/ and you should be OK even with the
latest versions.

This site requires that you register for membership. As a member I am
automatically signed in, and do not get the above notification. Are you sure
there is no registration option?

Bjarke Christensen wrote:
That site continues to be "Site is down!!". Any other (reliant)
sources ??

Yes, e-mail me.

Dennis.

Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pogson
Bjarke Christensen wrote:
That site continues to be "Site is down!!". Any other (reliant)
sources ??

Yes, e-mail me.

Dennis.
I have the same problem with http://garmincity.dyndns.org. The "Site is down" and I can't register either.

Can someone help me as well?
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Nico wrote in
:

Dennis Pogson Wrote:
Bjarke Christensen wrote:
That site continues to be "Site is down!!". Any other (reliant)
sources ??

Yes, e-mail me.

Dennis.

I have the same problem with http://garmincity.dyndns.org. The "Site is
down" and I can't register either.

Can someone help me as well?

You can probably guess that it's someone's home PC as they're using dyndns to
map their IP address. Wait until the holiday is over with.

-- Geoff

Nico wrote:
Dennis Pogson Wrote:
Bjarke Christensen wrote:
That site continues to be "Site is down!!". Any other (reliant)
sources ??

Yes, e-mail me.

Dennis.

I have the same problem with http://garmincity.dyndns.org. The "Site
is down" and I can't register either.

Can someone help me as well?

If the subject is as stated, joining this forum will not help you. Unless
the chartplotter's software is on CD-Rom, a memory card, or a hard drive,
you are wasting your time.