Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pascal

Default Was: NASA Marine AIS Radar

Hi Dave,

Remembering this talk on May, 18 have You had a chance to do the test
with your GpsMap276C and the AIS receiver? I was think that, with the
release of 3.21 firmware for Map276C, maybe you can get yours to
home/office to make the update and so have the oportunity to make the
test I have asked. Do not forget this OK?

On 17 May 2005 19:42:30 -0700, "Pascal" wrote:

I am not shure, but I have the impression that You told that you have a
Garmin GpsMap276C too, it is correct?

Yes, I do.

Remenbering what that unknow guy
told, that all the DSC ready garmin gpsploter already have support to
AIS, and as You have a NASA or other AIS receiver, could You make a
test to see if the Map276C can receives the AIVDM message? Pheraps it
has the function to plot the ships position based on the AIVDM message,
buried into the DSC function. What You think?

I doubt that it will work, and think that DSC is 9600 baud while AIS is
38400
baud, as well as using different protocols, but I may be able to check.
My
276C is hard wired into my car at the moment, so I won't be checking
for a
while, but will try to remember next time I take the unit out for
reloading
of maps, etc.

What "unknown" guys say doesn't usually give me much confidence - being
an
engineer I usually like to see some specs! :-)

Dave

Nasa Marine AIS radar Pascal Electronics 10 May 20th 05 01:49 AM
2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM