NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Default 115 Evinrude Mod E115TLCI

The tilt-trim motor will not work after the boat sits up for several
months. I can hear the relay clicking but the motor does not run. I
can rap on the trim motor a few times with a hammer handle and then it
works. What I going on with the motor?

TIA

Norm
MikeT

"NoMoreMrNiceGuy" wrote in message
The tilt-trim motor will not work after the boat sits up for several
months. I can hear the relay clicking but the motor does not run. I can
rap on the trim motor a few times with a hammer handle and then it works.
What I going on with the motor?

TIA

Norm

My Johnson 90 used to do that as well as my 140 Stringer, on the 90 with
hydraulic lift, the contactor would engage, but the brushes in the motor
would corrode just enough after sitting to not get juice to armature.
Tapping, then actually using it more often was the cure for me.

On my OMC Stringer, the 30W lube oil would actually leak by the seals into
the motor, and the motor being full of oil , well, did not work well. I
fixed that one by buying a different boat with a Merc outdrive, no more tilt
problems, just a whole new generation of other issues. After all, it is a
boat!

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

MikeT wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the feedback Mike. Easy enough to just hit the switch every
couple of days and see if that solves the problem.

Norm

140 hp 1979 Evinrude Outboard motor Model 140943 or 140940 --Christopher General 3 December 28th 04 02:26 AM
power loss/175 hp Evinrude Russell Hermansen General 1 October 10th 03 05:06 AM
evinrude 2+4 & 2 stroke oil question Clams Canino General 3 September 28th 03 01:28 PM
Evinrude Model Year? DJ General 2 September 13th 03 09:35 AM
evinrude 4 HP 2 cyl runs rough Jan General 6 August 5th 03 10:27 PM