Brian Whatcott

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:44:17 -0800, Evan Gatehouse
wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:43:07 GMT, "Glen \"Wiley\" Wilson"
wrote:

A customer in Singapore had me update my software to handle this
barograph's NMEA output:

http://www.bohlken.net/

Thanks very much! The old Vetus one was my favourite, but very costly
(~$1000). Unlike the other poster, I found the price to be EURO 295.
Where did you see the price in DM?
///
These look just the ticket.

Evan Gatehouse

Oops! I read this price list [below], given in German only, and may
well have drawn the wrong conclusion about the currency symbol
used there i.e. €
I am supposing that Evan is reading this as "Eurodollar".
I took it to be a German symbol for DM.

Extract from Price List below...

Preise inkl. MWSt und ab 100 € inkl. Versand (innerhalb Deutschland
und unversichert)

Einbau-Barograph BG2412 /B/G/W * 295 €
NMEA Barograph ohne Display ( kein Lagerartikel ) * a.A.
BG1512 B/G/W ( ab Februar 2005 ) * 295 €
USB - RS232 Adapterkabel für PC/Notebooks
ohne serielle Schnittstelle inkl Treiber für Windows
*************************************

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Evan Gatehouse

wrote:

[...]

That's a Euro symbol all right. Deutsmark is usually "DM"

Evan
Lauri Tarkkonen

wrote:

[...]

In the European Union most of the "old" member countries use Euro,
there are only a few exceptions, United Kingdom with (sterling) pounds,
and Denmark with the Danish crowns and Sweden with the Swedish crowns.
The new members Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, The Zcech Republic,
Slovakia and Slovenia are supposed to start using Euro within the next 3
to 7 years.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

rhys

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:19:53 -0800, Evan Gatehouse
wrote:

That's a Euro symbol all right. Deutsmark is usually "DM"

It's all Euros now. Der Deutschmark ist kaput.

Except for the Brits, of course, who can't accept that they are in
Europe, and the Swiss, who hate being in the middle.

R.

Dave

Call the folks at Conex, per their web site: 800 645 1061. I have the
parallel port Weatherjack and find it very useful and cheaper than any
barograph I've seen.

Dave

David & Lynne wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good quality digital barometer with a USB

connection.
Looked at Conex Weather Jack on www.starpath.com but the Conex web

site is
"under construction" so I cannot verify accuracy from manufacturers

web
site. I would appreciate any first hand experiances on this or

similiar
devices.
Thanks
David

M. Redecke

wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:43:07 GMT, "Glen \"Wiley\" Wilson"

A customer in Singapore had me update my software to handle this
barograph's NMEA output:

http://www.bohlken.net/

snip...

Price for our digital marine barograph is indeed 295,- EURO, shipping
within Germany is included.

Customers outside Germany do not pay our VAT, so the price is 254,31
exactly.
Please ask for for the shipping costs to your contry sending an email
at

We always look for the cheapest carrier.

Beside the way to add a usb-cable to one of our instruments, there are
on the market worldwide some electronic barometers and barographs with
usb output.
More or less i know them all, but i know the german/european market
the best of course.

You may find one at
- http://www.isy.biz (Germany) 250,- EUR
- or at spi-marine (Germany) at 249,- and 289,-
- or at navtronic.com (baromaus) may be not available at the moment
199,- EUR
- or meteograph from Switzerland
- or meteorecorder.de
- in USA weather-jack

The vetus barograph (data output i don´t know) is in my opinion not
available at the moment, comes from Sprecher Automation in Austria i
think.

As a manufacturer i tried to be neutral listing the electronic
barographs on the market.
But this is still a news group and not a bazar...and i hope it will
remain.

Michael

Digital Barometer David & Lynne Cruising 15 March 3rd 05 04:57 PM
Digital photography & boating Harry Krause General 34 September 28th 04 10:02 PM
The Barometer Bob Crantz ASA 52 August 3rd 04 09:41 AM
digital chart questions Aaron Cruising 0 May 19th 04 06:08 AM
Digital Map of Pacific Bob Richardson Cruising 1 July 14th 03 01:59 AM