Steve

Default Small Printer for on or near the Nav Station??

I'm looking for recommendations for a small (inexpensive) color printer for
printing 'chartlets' from my digital chart program. It should also have the
ability to self feed a few sheets at a time and the cost of Ink Tanks should
be reasonable.

Since I will want to store it out of the way while underway, it should be
fairly simple to set up/take down.. 120vac is fine since it have a large
inverter..

I assume there are some 'Travel Models' out there but I think I need a
recommendation from someone who might have actually taken it boating or
traveling..

With your recommendation, I will start my search..

Thanks,

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Peter Pan

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

I use an el-cheapo HP inkjet (3650 about $75, that was over a year ago, may
be new model #'s and cheaper now), that most importantly, has folding paper
trays that go inside the top cover so it's small and protected when I travel
(only folded out when I need it). Used it to print local maps from my
mapping program in RV's/Boats/Motels/Cars and Planes (run off a cig lighter
type inverter), and have even used it when camping (that was just for fun
and showing off, tent with a laptop and printer

Takes about 2 seconds to open the top, fold the paper trays inside and close
the top again.

Dennis Pogson

Peter Pan wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

Canon BJC85, about half the size of a laptop, runs off 12 volts, super
quality!

Remove "nospam" from return address.

FredB

I haven't used one for a while, but I used to take an old hp along with
me, it plugged into my small inverter and worked just fine ... i would
just get something cheap (avoid epson if you refill your own cartridges)
and get something to keep your chartlets nice and dry - the ink will
bleed when it gets wet.

Vic Fraenckel

For really small, if you can do without color, check out the Sipix A6 Pocket
Printers on Ebay.

HTH

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

Small Boat Building Yahoo Group Leo Cruising 0 July 21st 04 03:48 PM
Small Printer for on or near the Nav Station?? Steve Cruising 5 March 17th 04 02:05 PM
OT Bush hatred basskisser General 210 February 16th 04 02:46 PM
Small business in the US......... Bill Kiene General 4 October 23rd 03 03:22 PM