Peter Pan

Default Small Printer for on or near the Nav Station??

"Steve" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for a small (inexpensive) color printer

for
printing 'chartlets' from my digital chart program. It should also have

the
ability to self feed a few sheets at a time and the cost of Ink Tanks

should
be reasonable.

Since I will want to store it out of the way while underway, it should be
fairly simple to set up/take down.. 120vac is fine since it have a large
inverter..

I assume there are some 'Travel Models' out there but I think I need a
recommendation from someone who might have actually taken it boating or
traveling..

With your recommendation, I will start my search..

Thanks,

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

I use an el-cheapo HP inkjet (3650 about $75, that was over a year ago, may
be new model #'s and cheaper now), that most importantly, has folding paper
trays that go inside the top cover so it's small and protected when I travel
(only folded out when I need it). Used it to print local maps from my
mapping program in RV's/Boats/Motels/Cars and Planes (run off a cig lighter
type inverter), and have even used it when camping (that was just for fun
and showing off, tent with a laptop and printer

Takes about 2 seconds to open the top, fold the paper trays inside and close
the top again.