Steve

Default old IC-M600 ssb opinion??

I noticed a IC-M600 with a AT120 tuner on ebay.. Not much bidding activity
and current bid is pretty low. Item number: 2464392650

I'm wonder about opinions on this as a marine SSB? Any good? Better than
nothing? etc.

The tuner should be worth something. I know it is about half the size of the
SEA tuner I presently have..

I currently have an old SEA 223 w/tuner but haven't found room to mount
either because of their size..

Just curious.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

thanks, that link was very encouraging.. I also found that the manual isn't
on IcomAmerica site but did find it on the World site, along with the manual
for AT120.

Now I will see how the bidding goes..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

Shhh! remember this is on an auction..

Steve

Steve

Then of course this is a "AS IS" auction with no claims or assurances that
they haven't been 'fryed' by a lightening strike.

And a guy has to purchase a mike and power cable to even check them out. ;o(

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Mark Reichow

Steve,

I'm guessing you didn't win the action since the user ID was trawler13
and you're a S/V. At $430 it would have been a pretty good deal on a
working radio. Have you considered an Icom IC706-mkIIG with an AH-4
tuner? The set with the remote head kit can be had for about $1000
shipped from Texas Towers and probably others. It's a ham radio of
course and by removing a singe diode, you're open to "full coverage".
It will even serve as a back up marine VHF via the 2-meter. It works
great for SailMail/WinLink too. (PLEASE, no lecture on the law from
anyone. It's been covered.)

Mark

Steve

Yes, I would like to know why, as well.

I just purchased a 706 and the AH-4 and I'm in the process of installing the
tuner now.

One thing for sure, is the AH-4 is much smaller that the old AT120 and that
is an important factor for my installation.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions