Tim Rulon

Default SSB Weatherfax Receiver

More than you ever wanted to know about weatherfax at:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/radiofax.htm

Tim Rulon

"zachary alan schramm" wrote in message
I am interested in receiving weather fax charts, are the great lakes
covered. I found software that will demodulate the signal without extra
equipment so I was looking into a ssb radio. What kind would I need? I
want to get the cheapest receiver I can but one that would produce a good
signal for good charts. Let me know if anyone has any experience with
this.

-Zac Schramm

Saltair

Another Radioshack goodie

http://jill.jazzkeyboard.com/radio/dx440.html

Worked well Hawaii-Vancouver

--
Saltair

Perhaps the worst plight of a vessel is to be caught in a gale on a lee
shore.
In this connection the following rules should be observed.

1. Never allow your vessel to be found in such a predicament.

Callingham: "Seamanship: Jottings for the Young Sailer"

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
The YB 400 on a long wire will get a usable fax out of New Orleans out
as far as the Mona Passage if your Karma is right and you are very
delicate with the tuning.

Radio Shack used to sell the dual 120VAC/12VDC DX-394 for under $200
that was a really good SSB receiver for the money. I used it on several
deliveries for fax reception. Unfortunately it was to good for Radio
Shack so it was discontinued. Now they sell for close to new prices on
ebay.

Doug Dotson wrote:
The Grundig Yachtboy used to be well regarded for fax reception. In
the Bahamas last winter we traveled with several boats that had them.
No good. Very poor sensitivity.

DOug
s/v Callista

"zachary alan schramm" wrote in message

I am interested in receiving weather fax charts, are the great lakes
covered. I found software that will demodulate the signal without extra
equipment so I was looking into a ssb radio. What kind would I need? I
want to get the cheapest receiver I can but one that would produce a

good
signal for good charts. Let me know if anyone has any experience with
this.

-Zac Schramm

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Morad Antennas was weatherfax ANTENNA NIFFOCBT Electronics 0 September 11th 03 12:44 AM
weatherfax Klaus Electronics 9 August 29th 03 02:03 AM
gps receiver for JRC 1000 radar Jim Donohue Electronics 1 July 25th 03 05:33 PM