Default Ice age?

Vic Smith wrote:
Could get disastrous results, but that's why we tweak such projects.
Yep, have to tweak a project like that sucker. Everybody should
probably be issued an umbrella and a fan. And some canned food.
Glad we got the mad scientists looking out for us, but if they fail
the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers can take over.

Vic, I like your thinking,, just add one thing to the umbrella and fan,
a nice parka.

Cheers
Martin
Bob Bob is offline

On Nov 5, 3:56*pm, Gordon wrote:
Alarmists Still Heated Even As World Cools

INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Now, if only we could get the warming alarmists to face facts and cool
it as well.

Look ypou stupid ****. try reading somthing that does not originate
from Fox News.....

Its called GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE for a reason. Our weather is getting
all messed up.
the surprising thing is the latest research from NSF is showing a
predictable patern....... and it aint good.

Even the the most CONSERVATIVE organization out there is predicting
and making fiscal decissions conting on GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE.........
its called INSURACNCE COMPANINES !
Ya think they are a bunch of tree huggers????????
Bob

Bob

C A L A M A R

Bob wrote in news:d8e0ea23-cee0-4eee-a7ff-
:

Its called GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE for a reason. Our weather is getting
all messed up.
the surprising thing is the latest research from NSF is showing a
predictable patern....... and it aint good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Solar+intensity+cycles

A little reading material....

Yes, the pattern is VERY regular, but not very predictable.

Sunspot 1007 has gone over our horizon. The solar disk is, again,
devoid of our sunspot friends. Ham radio sucks without or solar
storm....dammit.

Here's another reason from the spaceweather page:

"KASATOCHI, WEEK 12: Twelve weeks ago in Alaska's Aleutian islands, the
Kasatochi volcano erupted. More than a million tons of ash and sulfur
dioxide rocketed into the stratosphere, giving rise to sunsets of rare
beauty around the northern hemisphere. Those sunsets are still with
us...."

How we're going to blame Americans for either natural phenomenon is
still under intense investigation eating millions of dollars at
institutions across the country.

Little human microbes are no match for the sheer power of a solar event.
If humans mattered, our air would be filled with CARBON spewed forth for
thousands of years, especially from the industrial revolution of the
last 2 centuries. Our lakes would be knee deep in 2-cycle oil from
intense pollution of the last 100 years of outboard motors. But,
they're not. We don't live in a bubble, no matter how much NSF funding
wishes we did.

If you're still up, take a look at the Taurids in both hemispheres that
peaked last night above the damnable clouds that kept me from spending
the night watching them. Info is he

http://www.imo.net/calendar/2008#tau

"Larry" wrote in message
Bob wrote in news:d8e0ea23-cee0-4eee-a7ff-
:

Its called GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE for a reason. Our weather is getting
all messed up.
the surprising thing is the latest research from NSF is showing a
predictable patern....... and it aint good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Solar+intensity+cycles

Read the first link again with your reading glasses on...

"A 2006 study and review of existing literature, published in Nature,
determined that there has been no net increase in solar brightness since the
mid 1970s, and that changes in solar output within the past 400 years are
unlikely to have played a major part in global warming.[6]"

If it makes you feel better, you can call me a ****head again. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-11-05 22:07:12 -0500, Vic Smith said:

I recall the oceans absorb solar heat, so to cool the earth we could
dump plane loads of a floating reflective material onto the oceans.
Maybe Christmas tree foil or that glitter stuff kids use with Elmer's
glue.

Nah; a better solution would be to put something big between the Earth
and the sun if it's too hot, a big mirror or a bunch of little ones
somewhere up there if it's too cool.

The technology and materials exist; cost is the biggie.

--
Jere Lull

The advantage of a steel hull just jumps out there doesn't it?
Steve

"Gordon" wrote in message
m...

Alarmists Still Heated Even As World Cools

INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Posted 11/4/2008

Climate Change: It's been a bad year for global warming alarmists. Record
cold periods and snowfalls are occurring around the globe. The hell that
the radicals have promised is freezing over.

As the British House of Commons debated a climate-change bill that pledged
the United Kingdom to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 80% by 2050,
London was hit by its first October snow since 1922.

Apparently Mother Nature wasn't paying attention. The British people,
however, are paying attention — to reality. A poll found that 60% of them
doubt the claims that global warming is both man-made and urgent.

Elsewhere, the Swiss lowlands last month received the most snow for any
October since records began. Zurich got 20 centimeters, breaking the
record of 14 centimeters set in 1939. Ocala, Fla., experienced its
second-lowest October temperature since 1850.

October temperatures fell to record lows in Oregon as well. On Oct. 10,
Boise, Idaho, got the earliest snow in its history — 1.7 inches. That beat
the old record by seven-tenths of an inch and one day on the calendar.

In the Southern Hemisphere, where winter was winding down, Durban, South
Africa, had its coldest September night in history in the middle of the
month. Some regions of the country had unusual late-winter snows. A month
earlier, New Zealand officials reported that Mount Ruapehu had its largest
snow base ever.

At the top of the world, the International Arctic Research Center reported
last month, there was 29% more Arctic sea ice this year than last.

None of this matters, of course, to the warming zealots. It doesn't matter
if it's too dry or too wet, too hot or too cold. All of it, they say, is
caused by global warming.

We believe, however, as do many reputable scientists, that the warming and
cooling of the Earth is a natural phenomenon dictated by forces beyond our
control, from ocean currents to solar activity.

The latest warming trend, which appears to have ended in 1998, is the
result of the end of the Little Ice Age, which extended from roughly the
16th century to the 19th. During that period, Muir Glacier in Alaska
filled Glacier Bay. In fact, when the first Russian explorers arrived in
Alaska in the 1740s, there was no Glacier Bay — just a wall of ice where
the entrance would be.

As the Earth warmed, long before SUVs roamed the globe, Alaska's glaciers
also warmed and began to recede, starting in the 1800s. All that may be
changing. During the winter and summer of 2007-2008, unusually large
amounts of winter snow were followed by unusually cold temperatures in
June, July and August.

"In June, I was surprised to see snow still at sea level in Prince William
Sound," says U.S. Geological Survey glaciologist Bruce Molnia. "On the
Juneau Icefield, there was still 20 feet of new snow on the surface of the
Taku Glacier in late July."

It was the worst summer he'd seen in two decades.

As the Anchorage Daily News reports, "Never before in the history of a
research project dating back to 1946 had the Juneau Icefield witnessed the
kind if snow buildup that came this year. It was similar on a lot of other
glaciers too."

It's been "a long time on most glaciers," Molnia says, "where they've
actually had positive mass balance." In other words, more snow is falling
in the winter than melts in the summer, making the glaciers thicker in the
middle.

Glaciers can appear to be shrinking even as they are growing. Photos taken
from ships can record receding edges even as mass is building inland. When
they get thick enough, the weight forces the glacier to advance.

The U.S. may owe its ascension to a global power on the global warming
that began with the end of the Little Ice Age, which almost doomed the
American Revolution. George Washington's famous winter at Valley Forge was
part of that natural phenomenon.

As the climate warmed from 1800 to 1900, the U.S. tripled in size,
spreading westward to straddle a continent. The population of the windy
and very cold trading post known as Chicago grew from 4,000 in 1800 to 1.5
million by 1900, sitting on a great lake carved by glaciers long since
receded.

Due to a decline in solar activity and other factors, the Earth is cooling
and has been since 1998. And a peer-reviewed study published in April by
Nature predicts the world will continue cooling at least through 2015.

Now, if only we could get the warming alarmists to face facts and cool it
as well.

--

______________________________

C A L A M A R

"If I am not for myself, who will be?

If I am only for myself, what am I?

If not now, when?" - Hillel

On 2008-11-05 22:07:12 -0500, Vic Smith
said:

I recall the oceans absorb solar heat, so to cool the earth we could
dump plane loads of a floating reflective material onto the oceans.
Maybe Christmas tree foil or that glitter stuff kids use with Elmer's
glue.

Nah; a better solution would be to put something big between the Earth
and the sun if it's too hot, a big mirror or a bunch of little ones
somewhere up there if it's too cool.

The technology and materials exist; cost is the biggie.

You are kidding, right?

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 02:44:41 +0000, Larry wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in news:q_SdnbwI46CU24
:

You should probably stick to talking about things you know about...

So YOUR opinion is the only valid one? What a ****head.

Are you calling him a ****head because you recognize that he knows his
****?