Larry Larry is offline

Default Ice age?

Bob wrote in news:d8e0ea23-cee0-4eee-a7ff-
:

Its called GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE for a reason. Our weather is getting
all messed up.
the surprising thing is the latest research from NSF is showing a
predictable patern....... and it aint good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Solar+intensity+cycles

A little reading material....

Yes, the pattern is VERY regular, but not very predictable.

Sunspot 1007 has gone over our horizon. The solar disk is, again,
devoid of our sunspot friends. Ham radio sucks without or solar
storm....dammit.

Here's another reason from the spaceweather page:

"KASATOCHI, WEEK 12: Twelve weeks ago in Alaska's Aleutian islands, the
Kasatochi volcano erupted. More than a million tons of ash and sulfur
dioxide rocketed into the stratosphere, giving rise to sunsets of rare
beauty around the northern hemisphere. Those sunsets are still with
us...."

How we're going to blame Americans for either natural phenomenon is
still under intense investigation eating millions of dollars at
institutions across the country.

Little human microbes are no match for the sheer power of a solar event.
If humans mattered, our air would be filled with CARBON spewed forth for
thousands of years, especially from the industrial revolution of the
last 2 centuries. Our lakes would be knee deep in 2-cycle oil from
intense pollution of the last 100 years of outboard motors. But,
they're not. We don't live in a bubble, no matter how much NSF funding
wishes we did.

If you're still up, take a look at the Taurids in both hemispheres that
peaked last night above the damnable clouds that kept me from spending
the night watching them. Info is he

http://www.imo.net/calendar/2008#tau