Default Skip's underway!

Looks like Skip and Lydia are about to leave the Sandy Hook Channel!

Cheers
Marty

On 2008-10-01 19:46:51 -0400, Marty said:

Looks like Skip and Lydia are about to leave the Sandy Hook Channel!

Cheers
Marty

Agreement.

Now that I can actually see their Spot listings, it seems they've been
under way for the past 3 hours, starting at dark o'clock.

They have been able to go the right direction for 2 hours.

Considering the weather we're experiencing between where they are and
where they want to be, that's not particularly where I would want to be
nor where I'd want to point to from there right now.

Tonight is a great night to crawl into the berth with my lovely lady
and ignore everything else as we warm the "V" up.

--
Jere Lull

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 19:46:51 -0400, Marty wrote:

Looks like Skip and Lydia are about to leave the Sandy Hook Channel!

Yes, not the way I'd do the trip but whatever. On a nice day I prefer
to motor right down the NJ beaches about 200 yards out and enjoy the
scenery.

Looks like they are in for a cloudy, cool and windless night with just
a small sliver of a new moon.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=08005

Jere Lull wrote in news:200810012112278930-
jerelull@maccom:

Tonight is a great night to crawl into the berth with my lovely lady
and ignore everything else as we warm the "V" up.

Hell, that describes ANY night in ANY weather!.....(c;

Sailing and going somewhere is secondary......

Off Long Branch, currently, and as commented, not much wind. However
later tonight it's supposed to pipe right up.

We started with a reef and the staysail, but have the genny out now,
as well. When it picks up, once in a while, to 8-10, we move right
along :{))

Back on watch, Lydia's hitting the hay, despite our both being very
well rested...

--
L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 19:46:51 -0400, Marty wrote:

Looks like Skip and Lydia are about to leave the Sandy Hook Channel!

Yes, not the way I'd do the trip but whatever. On a nice day I
prefer
to motor right down the NJ beaches about 200 yards out and enjoy the
scenery.

Looks like they are in for a cloudy, cool and windless night with
just
a small sliver of a new moon.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=08005

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:06:21 -0400, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Back on watch, Lydia's hitting the hay, despite our both being very
well rested...

That's a good start. Be safe out there - lot's of *big* boat traffic
off Cape May.

Skip's Angst Skip Gundlach Cruising 36 November 21st 07 03:08 PM
[Flying Pig Log] Skip's first sorta techie post Skip Gundlach Cruising 0 August 24th 06 05:06 AM
Tahiti Ketch forum is underway clyderigged Cruising 0 January 8th 05 07:35 PM
underway lightning ground Parallax Cruising 14 August 6th 04 05:44 PM
Total cost of Skip's boat chris Cruising 20 December 18th 03 01:38 PM