Default Just a thought ;; there will be some very good bargains ..

On 19 Sep 2008 21:09:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:02:03 -0400, Marty said:

So having got that basic fact wrong, why should I trust the rest of
your summary?

And why should I care whether you do or not? You can certainly Google up
your own info if you wish. That law just happens to be one I work with.

Then you have just pleaded guilty to professional incompetence.

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:18:53 -0400, Marty wrote:

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:02:03 -0400, Marty said:

So having got that basic fact wrong, why should I trust the rest of
your summary?

And why should I care whether you do or not? You can certainly Google up
your own info if you wish. That law just happens to be one I work with.

'cause we own the same boat ;-o I'm playing a bit of devils advocate
here, I'll do the same to Dems too. Sometimes it looks like you let your
prejudice against anybody not Republican (or is it adulation of all
things GOP?) cloud your reasoning.

Personally, I think that great misquote "First we kill all the lawyers"
should have "Politicians" substituted for "Lawyers".

Cheers
Marty

If you kill all the lawyers, you'll take out a goodly portion of
politicians in the process.

On 2008-09-18 07:55:14 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

"Gogarty" wrote

So you may be able to buy a boat cheap but you might have to pay cash for
it.

You may be *able* to pay cash for it!

We helped sell a sister-boat which was in better shape than Xan, with a
nearly unused 2GM20F, for $3,500 (or less). Having surveyed her, I
wouldn't have hesitated to throw on some bottom paint, splash, and head
nearly directly to the Caribbean -- going slow at first to stay near
the plethora of parts stores on the Chesapeake as we discovered things
not working.

Under 40' boats are going for a song of late; the volume will increase.
Under 30 have been nearly pocket change for most of the last decade.

I expect some larger boats will be "exchanged" for smaller, but that
won't be but a blip on the chart.

At probable prices, that shouldn't be a problem for anyone who can afford
the upkeep and maintenance. Used sailboats are going to be like some of
those cell phone deals or how Gillette became big in razor blades. The boat
will be essentially free but it's still going to cost a lot to keep and
maintain them. Yard and dockage costs are the same for the 32 footer I
bought for 15 grand as they would be for a brand new, 250 grand, 32 foot
Morris.

Normal upkeep and dockage for boats our size is about the same as a
one-week vacation at the shore or mountains around here. If we want to
get cheap, we could go to a mooring (which I actually prefer) for $2k
less.

Those who can't afford that belong in trailer-ables (though the costs
don't actually drop much if you have to get a new tow vehicle.)

It's all choices.

OTOH the stock of used sailboats got dramatically reduced last week except
for those interested in restoration projects.

Not *that* much. The trio of storms that smacked Florida a few years
ago did a better job.

--
Jere Lull

Every time, EVERY time I reply to Wilbur, I get a few of these fishing
expedition emails.

Usually they are supposed to be from earthlink demanding that I enter
my user name and password or my account will be terminated immediately!

Now I'm in danger of having my (non-existant) credit union account
"deactivated adn deleted".

Anybody else noticed the correlation?

Richard

Dear Member,

This is your official notification from City-County Federal Credit
Union that the service(s) listed below
will be deactivated and deleted if not renewed immediately. Previous
notifications have
been sent to the Billing Contact assigned to this account. As the
Primary Contact, you
must renew the service(s) listed below or it will be deactivated and
deleted.

Renew Now your City-County FCU Bank Service and Bill Payer services.

SERVICE: City-County Federal Credit Union
EXPIRATION: September, 27 2008

Thank you for using City-County Federal Credit Union Member Service.
We appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you.

Copyright © City-County FCU, All Rights Reserved.

Oh man, AND ...

I get mail returned (that I never sent) that couldn't be delivered
because it contained a nasty virus.

God forgive him, even if he doesn't deserve it.

On 2008-09-22 23:00:36 -0400, cavelamb himself said:

Every time, EVERY time I reply to Wilbur, I get a few of these fishing
expedition emails.

Usually they are supposed to be from earthlink demanding that I enter
my user name and password or my account will be terminated immediately!

Now I'm in danger of having my (non-existant) credit union account
"deactivated adn deleted".

Anybody else noticed the correlation?

There isn't one. Just standard spam sneaking through the filters.

--
Jere Lull

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Neal isn't smart enough to do anything damaging unless you're system is
unprotected in the extreme.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I thought this was a good thread [ statistical analysis of shitting yourself Daedalus ASA 1 February 27th 07 09:51 PM
Just when you thought I ran out of hot air... JimH General 9 June 26th 06 02:11 PM
Just when you thought I ran out of hot air... FloydinTampa General 1 June 26th 06 01:31 PM
Just a thought ed General 7 June 1st 05 02:54 AM
Vector Mfg closeout bargains Larry W4CSC Cruising 12 February 18th 05 01:15 AM