Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Just a thought ;; there will be some very good bargains ..

I won't touch the politics but the rest is close to my essential point.
Used sailboat prices have been incredibly depressed over the last decade
because just the cost of keeping a boat is too high for something many
people only end up using once or twice a year. Inflation and investment
losses will make it impossible for many people to keep maintaining the boats
they have and prices will go even lower, a trap for dreamers.

I used to have people come to me who wanted to convert my designs to ferro
cement because they just figured out they could build a 45 foot hull for
$6000. I'd say, "Look at your financial situation. If someone GAVE you a
45 foot unfinished hull right now, you would be immediately in deep
financial trouble because you would be responsible for the costs of storing
it. How are you going to find the $100,000 for materials to finish it?
(Assuming funky ferro cement style finish and outfit.) If someone gave you
an operating 45 foot boat right now you would be in immediate financial
crisis because you wouldn't be able to afford the $10,000 a year to dock and
maintain it."

It was tough watching the light of dreams die in someones eyes but it was a
necessary service.

--
Roger Long