Default OT - Is your city out of fuel?

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:00:49 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Really. I didn't know you were the expert in all things financial.

Let's just say I know a few things about banks and their regulation

A few things? Sort of like Palin? You're close to the regulators... just
down the street! LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:12:22 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Really. I didn't know you were the expert in all things financial.

Let's just say I know a few things about banks and their regulation

A few things? Sort of like Palin? You're close to the regulators... just
down the street! LOL

No, Jon. Often my job requires me to educate the bank regulators and point
out to them the error of their ways.

Perhaps you should tell them to let market forces do their work! LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:31:05 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

No, Jon. Often my job requires me to educate the bank regulators and
point
out to them the error of their ways.

Perhaps you should tell them to let market forces do their work!

Sad thing is that both of the major party candidates are loudly shouting
"I'm gonna do something about it when I get elected" and neither of them
has
a clue as to what to do, or even what the problem is.

Obama has a clue. McCain relies on his wife to read/send his email. I wonder
if that'll be true when/if he gets elected.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 17 Sep 2008 17:27:03 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:50:02 -0700, "Capt. JG" said:

McCain relies on his wife to read/send his email. I wonder
if that'll be true when/if he gets elected.

That talking point may not be a wise one to dwell on, Jon. I suspect there
are a fair number of voters who are potential customers for that Video
Purrfesser program, and who won't appreciate it.

Yeah, he wouldn't want to offend the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breather
vote!

Dave wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:31:05 -0700, "Capt. JG" said:

No, Jon. Often my job requires me to educate the bank regulators and point
out to them the error of their ways.

Perhaps you should tell them to let market forces do their work!

Sad thing is that both of the major party candidates are loudly shouting
"I'm gonna do something about it when I get elected" and neither of them has
a clue as to what to do, or even what the problem is.

Well, neither did President Bush - today...

So, that's what they meant by, "not with a bang, but a whimper"...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

said:

McCain relies on his wife to read/send his email. I wonder
if that'll be true when/if he gets elected.

That talking point may not be a wise one to dwell on, Jon. I suspect there
are a fair number of voters who are potential customers for that Video
Purrfesser program, and who won't appreciate it.

Yeah, he wouldn't want to offend the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breather
vote!

At least McCain clings to his wife's money and houses.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:07:44 -0500, cavelamb himself
said:

Sad thing is that both of the major party candidates are loudly shouting
"I'm gonna do something about it when I get elected" and neither of them
has
a clue as to what to do, or even what the problem is.

Well, neither did President Bush - today...

Hate to disillusion you, but he's not on the ballot this time. (You'd
never
know it, of course, by listening to the Dems' talking points.)

Yes he is. His clone is called John McCain.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sep 16, 11:26*am, " wrote:
On Sep 16, 10:26*am, Wayne.B wrote:

Sub-prime was dreamed up because there was only just so much
legitimate mortgage debt to go around. * The whole business of
packaging debt and then selling/securitizing it via bonds was highly
profitable while the fun lasted. *...

If you need one person to blame it is Alan Greenspan. But, at a macro
scale I think sub-prime was a symptom rather than the root problem.
The problem writ large is that real wages haven't kept pace with
industrial growth. ,,,

With apologies I wanted to add this note from Newsweek:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/159346/page/1

-- Tom.

said:

Sad thing is that both of the major party candidates are loudly shouting
"I'm gonna do something about it when I get elected" and neither of them has
a clue as to what to do, or even what the problem is.

Well, neither did President Bush - today...

Hate to disillusion you, but he's not on the ballot this time.

What difference does that make? It's his job NOW and he has no idea
what to do. So much for "experience" being important. He's been
president longer than both of the other candidates combined.

Must be time for another reading of "My Pet Goat".

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:20:14 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Well, neither did President Bush - today...

Hate to disillusion you, but he's not on the ballot this time. (You'd
never
know it, of course, by listening to the Dems' talking points.)

Yes he is. His clone is called John McCain.

Q.E.D.

My error. It's Sarah Palin. I apologize.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com