Default Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications.

On Aug 31, 6:58*pm, Brian Whatcott wrote:
Not necessarily straw-men.

As presented they were straw men. He set them and knocked them down
and then came to the unsubstantiated conclusion: "it looks like you
couldn't pass the test." It's a dishonest form of argument. I take
your point that type certification may be useful (and indeed Merchant
Marine creds are typed) but I found the presentation of the argument
so offensive that I didn't see any reason to dignify it with much of a
response.

-- Tom.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:38:17 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Aug 31, 6:58*pm, Brian Whatcott wrote:
Not necessarily straw-men.

As presented they were straw men. He set them and knocked them down
and then came to the unsubstantiated conclusion: "it looks like you
couldn't pass the test." It's a dishonest form of argument. I take
your point that type certification may be useful (and indeed Merchant
Marine creds are typed) but I found the presentation of the argument
so offensive that I didn't see any reason to dignify it with much of a
response.

-- Tom.

As you sow, so shall ye reap.

Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications. terry Cruising 53 September 20th 08 01:25 AM
Power or sail Frogwatch ASA 4 March 4th 07 06:08 PM
Closet Power Boater Capt.Mooron ASA 18 January 20th 06 08:09 PM
Power & Sail Matt Langenfeld Boat Building 0 June 29th 04 11:38 AM
Recreational power boat choice Sean Boat Building 5 July 14th 03 03:09 PM