Default TS Fay & Miami area boaters?

Flights were too full so I could not make it to Miami/Coral Gables to
check on my boats before Fay passed by. My girlfriend went by today,
but the marina won't let anyone go in (Matheson Hammock). I wonder how
fellow mariners did in the Miami area thru this storm.

Imran
http://imran.com/boating/
http://imran.com/media/blog/

"www.IMRAN.com/boating/" wrote in message
Flights were too full so I could not make it to Miami/Coral Gables to
check on my boats before Fay passed by. My girlfriend went by today,
but the marina won't let anyone go in (Matheson Hammock). I wonder how
fellow mariners did in the Miami area thru this storm.

Imran
http://imran.com/boating/
http://imran.com/media/blog/

Not to worry. The regular afternoon thunderstorms are far worse than Fay was
in the Miami area. As usual Fay was over-hyped by the authorities and
weather service. Their primary mission these days seems to be to attempt to
frighten people so they can herd them around like so many frightened sheep.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"www.IMRAN.com/boating/" wrote in message
Flights were too full so I could not make it to Miami/Coral Gables to
check on my boats before Fay passed by. My girlfriend went by today,
but the marina won't let anyone go in (Matheson Hammock). I wonder how
fellow mariners did in the Miami area thru this storm.

Imran
http://imran.com/boating/
http://imran.com/media/blog/

Not to worry. The regular afternoon thunderstorms are far worse than Fay
was in the Miami area. As usual Fay was over-hyped by the authorities and
weather service. Their primary mission these days seems to be to attempt
to frighten people so they can herd them around like so many frightened
sheep.

Wilbur Hubbard

How about "Home Despot" and "Blowes"? You don't think they're behind the
hype too?
Think of all of that plywood that they sell.
How about grocery stores? More bottled water was sold since Saturday than
was sold in the last three months.

I could go on, but I think you get my drift...

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/gulfir.html

It is kind-of neat to watch, though.

"Ronnie McD." wrote in message

[...]

=====

my question .. where does all the plywood go after the non storm passes?
i watch on tv, sheets and sheets of plywood going out the door at home
depot.
what do these people do with all the plywood after the storm? is there a
plywood
conspiracy? barack o plywood? cindy mccain using the stuff at one of the
600 houses?
can you eat plywood?

plywood.. only the shadow knows

MMC MMC is offline

"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote in message

"Ronnie McD." wrote in message

[...]

I bought plywood once. Picked out some T111, left the sheets full as
possible and used it to build a shed afterwards. Then I built and installed
shutters.
Some people store thier plywood (and generators they bought for the storm)
for awhile then are lulled into thinking there will be no more and end up
selling it (and the generators). Then get to do it all over again the next
time.
Hurricanes are good business for roofers, shutter companies and beer
distributors!
MMC on the Space Coast

MMC MMC is offline

"www.IMRAN.com/boating/" wrote in message
Flights were too full so I could not make it to Miami/Coral Gables to
check on my boats before Fay passed by. My girlfriend went by today,
but the marina won't let anyone go in (Matheson Hammock). I wonder how
fellow mariners did in the Miami area thru this storm.

Imran
http://imran.com/boating/
http://imran.com/media/blog/

The space coast got whacked hardest. Winds weren't too bad, think the
highest gust was around 70mph, but the thing parked over us and dumped up to
30 inches in parts of Brevard County.
Some flooding but pretty minor compared to the Mid West earlier this year. A
few tornadoes too.
Big trailer park South of me called "Barefoot Bay" got whacked as usual by
one that damaged 50+ and ruined 3. Something about all that aluminum in
close proximity acts like a magnet for these things.
I don't think Miami got much more than a few reporters ****ed that the storm
didn't hit there. Vultures.
MMC

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:50:48 GMT, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"
wrote:

"Ronnie McD." wrote in message

[...]

Probably goes on top of the rafters in the garage, if that ideal spot
is available.

Casady

In article ICyrk.416$482.399@trnddc06,
"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote:

my question .. where does all the plywood go after the non storm passes?
i watch on tv, sheets and sheets of plywood going out the door at home
depot.
what do these people do with all the plywood after the storm? is there a
plywood
conspiracy? barack o plywood? cindy mccain using the stuff at one of the
600 houses?
can you eat plywood?

plywood.. only the shadow knows

Here in New Orleans, the sheets are kept and numbered so that one knows
which window has which board.

They ought to make boarding windows an Olympic sport - they can put 'em
up in minutes!

--
Molesworth - knackered after a day on the lake

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:37:23 -0500, Molesworth
wrote:

Here in New Orleans, the sheets are kept and numbered so that one knows
which window has which board.

Here in SWFL I'm using structured lexan sheets, pre-cut, drilled and
labeled. My wife and I did 3 sides of the house in 45 minutes, about
25 pieces. I slap the sheets up and my wife hands me the tap-cons as
I zip them in with a cordless drill/nut driver.

"mmc" wrote in message
ng.com...

[...]

Barefoot Bay is a tornado magnet, tropical storm or just afternoon
thunderstorm. The whole world could be storm free, but Barefoot Bay could
find a tornado.

Miami to BVI BeeRich Cruising 49 May 11th 08 03:27 AM
St. Marks tug - Miami Terry M Tall Ship Photos 0 May 8th 08 02:58 AM
Sailboat - Miami Terry M Tall Ship Photos 0 May 8th 08 02:58 AM
Living Aboard in the general area of Ft. Walton Beach - Destin Florida area Rick B. Cruising 1 February 12th 07 01:33 AM
Best Anchorage in Miami FL Area anchorlt Cruising 2 June 8th 04 03:37 PM