Bob Bob is offline

Default What did you do today?

Another wonderful day in Seattle. Got up at 0420 fiddled around and
got 2 shots espresso topped off with soy. Walked on the tracks by the
boat yard in Ballard. The city is quiet at 0500.

For the Deadliest Catch fans I walked over to the North Western it
just happen to have the Wizard tied up a slip down and the North
American across the cut. After bull****in with the guys on the dock
went over to the south end of Lake Union and sailed a classic beetle
cat at the Wooden Boat Museum and took a tour of the tug Author Foss.
Built in 1989 damn nice motor room.

Then off to a nautical book store on 15th and bought a nice little
read titled “Primer of Towing”, by GH Reid. After a couple chapters
decided to sip 2 bottles of Backs beer then took a swim in Puget
Sound…. Burr! **** it felt good!! I think ill go visit the IBU Hall on
Nickerson Monday. Tuggin should be fun. Rub a dub dub

The Deadliest Catch boat tour is in Ballard noon -1700 2maro. the
radio says captain somebody and his two boys will be there…. Humm, ill
pass.

One of the instructors at Seattle Maritime Academy told me to stop in
at a bar tonight. Hes the bartender….. Said hed hook me up with some
easily impressed 20s girls. Video at 0800.

Damn life is good……………..
What the **** did you do today?
Bob

I disassembled the port side head and removed the cloth rag that some
unmentionable person dropped into it and which had jammed hard into
the joker valve. I'd rather have had your day.

-- Tom.

"Bob" wrote

What the **** did you do today?

Sat around moaning and holding my head in my hands from the third emergency
root canal I had Friday. Went from feeling fine to having a lump under my
jaw the size of a walnut in two days. Dentist thinks a few more teeth will
go in short order. Dental hygine is great but I'm proving that clenching
teeth was a poor coping mechanizm for marraige. All the gritting during my
herniated disk episode last winter probably put several of them over the
edge. The upside is that I'm greatly minimizing the probability of this
happening on a long cruise. Since these can be life treatening events that
could require medical evacuation, the 2-3 grand for each one is probably
money well spent in the long run. Bob may have had an infinitely pleasanter
day but I'm getting my mouth more reliable for long periods away from
civilization. I'm starting to understand why one circumnavigator had all
his teeth pulled before his trip. Anyone remember who that was?

--
Roger Long

Taught sailing on a 20 ft boat with no engine. It was pretty hot... over 90
and not much wind until finally building to gusts of a whopping 5 kts
(absolute max.).

We relished the classroom time and the swim test.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Ran a triathlon in 95F+ then worked on the roof during a thunderstorm.
Visited with a friend nearing the end of his life, talked about things to
value most in life. Health and happiness seemed to be tied at #1.

Bob wrote:
Damn life is good……………..
What the **** did you do today?

Went to the boat to stock up for second trip of summer (we just returned
from 3 weeks, mainly hanging at Martha's Vineyard). Picked the hottest
day of the year to haul down cases of liquid refreshment. Then spent an
hour hanging upside down in the propane locker replacing the corroded
solenoid and regulator. Decided to put off several plumbing and
electrical tasks until cooler weather. Went home to help daughter pack
for camp. Leaving for Maine next week.

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
ons...
Taught "gaying" on a 20 ft boat with no berths. It was pretty hot... over
90 and not much stamina until finally building to gushes of a whopping 5
kl (absolute max.).

We relished the cum-room time and the suck test.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.gaynow.com

Too much Information

sv

"Aldys" wrote in message ...
Too much Information

sv

You are a very angry and pathetic guy, who has a great need to establish his
own self-worth at the expense of others. You should be pitied and ignored.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Ryk Ryk is offline

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:29:56 -0700 (PDT), in message

Bob wrote:

Damn life is good……………..
What the **** did you do today?

Assuming you meant Saturday:

Finished the Main Duck Island race at 06:17:20, then slept for a
while... We did well and did it double handed, so I'm pleased. We
proved once again that sorting out spinnaker lines in the dark is
confusing.

Then I checked in with the online reporting of the LO300

http://trackinfo.fistracking.com/2008solmarlo300/

We decided to skip it this year, but I would still like to be out
there. It is interesting to look at the tracking and speculate on who
is doing what and why. It is probably way less interesting if you
don't know the boats...

After sleeping I got all hot and sweaty sticking my head into tight
places to apply power to the new pressure water pump, and then to
rebuild the toilet pump in the head. I did it in that order to have
running water in the head sink when I was done. Then I walked down the
pier and went for a swim.

At least the last paragraph is on topic for r.b.c ;-)

Ryk

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Aldys" wrote in message ...
Too much Information

sv

You are a very angry and pathetic guy, who has a great need to establish
his own self-worth at the expense of others. You should be pitied and
ignored.

Did you lie on your application to Med School too? Oh that's right, you're
not a psychiatrist or even a psychologist, are you?
Yet, you keep on trying to analyze everybody. Why do you think that is?
Are all the little men in your flashbacks following you, and wearing socks
on their hands? You should seek that professional help that you try to
give.

sv

--
"j" ganz @@
www.gaynow.com

Did you go out today? JimH General 27 July 23rd 07 01:13 AM
Out on the bay today Harry Krause General 0 February 28th 05 04:47 AM
I'm 42 Today!!! Bobsprit ASA 16 November 19th 04 07:52 PM
Fog Today otnmbrd ASA 6 August 9th 03 03:35 AM