Default What did you do today?

Isang tao pinangalanan, Herodotus nagsulat:

Hi Claus,

My yacht has not been in Sydney Harbour (Please Bruce, note that
Claus's first language is not English and yet he can spell "harbour"
better than the American's who presume it as a mother tongue) since
2000.

That's funny...... The spellchecker in my newsreader is set up to use
English(American).... Go figu-)

I shall find out. I don't think that they charge Habour Fees as an
item for small boats. I can't recall paying one apart from mooring
fees. I know that a rented mooring from the Waterways Authority for a
30 footer is about AUD $230 per annum. I think that last includes a
periodic inspection.

230$..... Is that for an open anchorage or is it in a Marina?
I bought a berth for AUD $ 1700 and pay AUD$ 825 per annum at the
local marina. That includes a berth for the summer, storage in the
yard for the winter, and use of the crane when lifting or launching
the boat. Fresh water and electricity for charging batteries and the
use of powertools are free.
--

Who am I?

http://www.froerup.dk/claus

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:13:01 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:46:33 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Yes, I've visited Oz and seen the women, "G'Day mate, 'ave a stubby".
Blimey!
By the way, ham may be kosher as according to Philip Roth, writing in
Portney's Complaint, it is OK to eat bacon if sliced very very thin
:-)
Bruce-in-Bangkok

I remember reading that book in my youth - shows your age.
I remember it created a storm in New Zealand and was either banned for
a while or was nearly banned.

Did you know that the State of Louisiana has banned Sir Walter Scott's
classic novel "Ivanhoe" from Public School libraries?

The grounds for doing so are very interesting.

Peter.

Good Lord, but you are going back. I read Ivanhoe in High School and
can't really remember much but I believe a Jewish Woman was one of the
characters, perhaps that is the reason.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

wrote:

[...]

Not at all -

Too much saxon violence.

A bit of a pun really - take Saxon as "sex and"

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:38:30 +0200, Claus Frørup
230$..... Is that for an open anchorage or is it in a Marina?
I bought a berth for AUD $ 1700 and pay AUD$ 825 per annum at the
local marina. That includes a berth for the summer, storage in the
yard for the winter, and use of the crane when lifting or launching
the boat. Fresh water and electricity for charging batteries and the
use of powertools are free.

That is for a swing mooring in a sheltered bay. It does not include
any crane or travel lift usage. Also, we do not normally take out
boats out of the water for winter storage as we can sail in the
Antipodes in the winter as well as the summer. The water does not
freeze.

Interesting web site Claus,
Thank God you had an English translation. I imagine that I would enjoy
a ride on one of your Danish buses.

cheers
Peter

Isang tao pinangalanan, Herodotus nagsulat:

That is for a swing mooring in a sheltered bay. It does not include
any crane or travel lift usage.

Swing moorings are free here. Anybody can make his own mooring
wherever he pleases, as long as it is not obstructing any
watertraffic.

Also, we do not normally take out
boats out of the water for winter storage as we can sail in the
Antipodes in the winter as well as the summer. The water does not
freeze.

The vast majority of boatowners here, take their boats out of water in
the winter. Our sailingseason is from April 1 till November 15.
If the boat is left in the water for the winter, the insurance has an
extra fee.

Interesting web site Claus,
Thank God you had an English translation. I imagine that I would enjoy
a ride on one of your Danish buses.

Thank you. You are welcome anytime.
We have a lots of Aussies visiting here.
Last year a passenger entered my bus at the Airport and asked for the
Australian Bar. At first glance he looked a lot like a biker similar
to the ones from Hells Angels....
http://picasaweb.google.com/BlueKnig...12607965246770

Then I noticed His patch was "Blue Knights" Sydney chapter.

Nice chap, very talkative, great sense of humor and definitely not one
of the Hells Angels types.
--

Who am I?

http://www.froerup.dk/claus

wrote:

[...]

I knew Sir Walter Scott. Sir Walter was a friend of mine. You sure do look
like him.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:16:00 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I do? Funny, I don;t have a beard.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Just misquoting someone from a not-to-recent TV debate.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-07-20 00:29:56 -0400, Bob said:

Damn life is good……………..
What the **** did you do today?

Friday, left work early. Put the newly-painted rudder on (transom
mount), sailed about 15 miles in 10-15 knots to usually-busy Swan Creek.

Saturday, watched the sparse boat scenery, napped, made lunch, napped,
enjoyed more scenery and wildlife.

Sunday, watched everybody leave, enjoyed the scenery left, some kids
playing in the water, then hauled, recalibrated the knotmeter, sailed
downwind home. Too hot, so decided to stick around overnight. Emailed
the wife (who'd had a fun day running an interesting meeting), woke up
about dawn for a leisurely drive home and to work.

Boring (and hot) as hell.

Loved it. Squeezed (sorta) 4 days out of a normal weekend and didn't do
a lick of the work I'd planned.

--
Jere Lull
Xan-Ã*-Deux -- Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

Did you go out today? JimH General 27 July 23rd 07 01:13 AM
Out on the bay today Harry Krause General 0 February 28th 05 03:47 AM
I'm 42 Today!!! Bobsprit ASA 16 November 19th 04 06:52 PM
Fog Today otnmbrd ASA 6 August 9th 03 03:35 AM