Default Clear Bottom Bucket

Isang tao pinangalanan, Vic Smith nagsulat:

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 23:44:19 +0200, Claus Fr?rup
wrote:

Battiscope

Yes, that's a bit handier and smaller. Do you actually use it once
the novelty is gone?

It does come out of the locker once in a while, but mostly when I take
the youngest nieces and nephews out for a fishingtrip.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having some type of reverse periscope
device in clear waters, but I sometimes enjoy watching fish.

That could easily be made of a downspout and a couples of mirrors.
--

Who am I?

http://www.froerup.dk/claus

wrote:

Battiscope

Yes, that's a bit handier and smaller. Do you actually use it once
the novelty is gone?

It does come out of the locker once in a while, but mostly when I take
the youngest nieces and nephews out for a fishingtrip.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having some type of reverse periscope
device in clear waters, but I sometimes enjoy watching fish.

That could easily be made of a downspout and a couples of mirrors.
--

Who am I?

http://www.froerup.dk/claus

That might be useful if you need to look at your prop or examine the hull or
keel without getting wet.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

Might be useful in the tropics, but out here, you can't see the
bottom... course, it's mostly mud....

Here you could see the little critters clogging up every strainer every 3
days....peering back at you showing his little prehistoric teeth....

They bite like hell!

Damned strainers.

Bob Bob is offline

On Jul 12, 11:24*am, Vic Smith
wrote:
Ran across this:

http://www.tropicalboating.com/boati...-bottom-bucket....

Anybody using one, or a facsimile?
Seems reasonable for seeing the anchor set in clear waters

I agree with WIllbur but his reply was unsualy shallow and thin. Try
this:

Its a stupid idea for pussys who want to be on a boat but who are
afraid of the water. I could name a few here but cordialality stops
me. So keep sitting in the cock pit drinkin sissy drinks and burning
**** in those rediculus stainless steel butane bar b q. Now add a
bucket with a plexi bottom..... Christ!

If you modify the original bucket a bit by adding a soft material
around the rim and adding a flexable strap taking the place of the
bucket handle then you could fasten it to your face! Now that is how
ROger thinks..........

You cant polish a turd.............................................

Get a mask for god sakes and use it
or
Get one of those $200 video fish you can plop over the side if yore
afraid of the water or a cardiac case so ****in fat ya cant move that
far.

A bucket with a plex bottom! get a life and stop reading books titled
History Beneath theSea: 1000 BC to 1850"

Bob

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

Might be useful in the tropics, but out here, you can't see the
bottom... course, it's mostly mud....

Here you could see the little critters clogging up every strainer every 3
days....peering back at you showing his little prehistoric teeth....

They bite like hell!

Damned strainers.

It's been over two years since my last bottom paint. So far, the only thing
I've noticed is that my knot meter sticks for a couple of minutes when I
first start moving.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:14:09 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Battiscope

Yes, that's a bit handier and smaller. Do you actually use it once
the novelty is gone?

It does come out of the locker once in a while, but mostly when I take
the youngest nieces and nephews out for a fishingtrip.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having some type of reverse periscope
device in clear waters, but I sometimes enjoy watching fish.

That could easily be made of a downspout and a couples of mirrors.
--

Who am I?

http://www.froerup.dk/claus

That might be useful if you need to look at your prop or examine the hull
or
keel without getting wet.

Not really, as someone still has to go down to shine a light on the
subject!

Even better! Mount a light on the periscope. I have one of those penlight
LEDs that are waterproof.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-07-12 15:24:16 -0400, Vic Smith said:

Ran across this:

http://www.tropicalboating.com/boati...om-bucket.html

Anybody using one, or a facsimile?
Seems reasonable for seeing the anchor set in clear waters.

If the water's clear enough to use one, it's probably warm enough to
snorkel, which is faster and more fun. Reflection can be a problem with
the buckets.

My wife, who is not a comfortable swimmer, likes the boogie boards with
an imbedded mask. No reflection and her face stays clear of the water.
I've been weaning her off of that to a snorkeling vest, mask and
snorkel, but she doesn't get enough practice.

--
Jere Lull

Vic Smith wrote:
Ran across this:

http://www.tropicalboating.com/boati...om-bucket.html

Anybody using one, or a facsimile?
Seems reasonable for seeing the anchor set in clear waters.

--Vic

One of those remote-controlled slave submarines they use to view wrecks such
as the Titanic would be useful. You could then watch your anchor set on a TV
screen.

Isn't sailing getting expensive these days?

Dennis.

??? about clear plastic dh@. General 15 December 15th 05 03:07 AM
??? about clear plastic dh@. Boat Building 15 December 15th 05 03:07 AM
??? about clear plastic dh@. Cruising 15 December 15th 05 03:07 AM
So let's get this clear.... Bobsprit ASA 19 October 25th 04 11:46 PM
Completely scraped bottom. What proceedure should I follow to seal the bottom? boatalec Electronics 4 April 5th 04 05:21 PM