boatalec

Default Completely scraped bottom. What proceedure should I follow to seal the bottom?

Just finished scraping 15 years of bottom point with a straight edged
putty knife to a 37' Jersey. Hull is white as a babies behind.
Scraping caused some knicks to the gel here and there.
Should I apply a coat of Ablative or first apply some type of sealer?
Dennis Gibbons

as long as you are down to gellcoat, epoxy barrier coat

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net
"boatalec" wrote in message
om...
Just finished scraping 15 years of bottom point with a straight edged
putty knife to a 37' Jersey. Hull is white as a babies behind.
Scraping caused some knicks to the gel here and there.
Should I apply a coat of Ablative or first apply some type of sealer?

Irving Schwartz

2 coats of epoxy, each with different color tints in each to
make sure of coverage, and for later years re-do.
Then whatever primer / etc / etc as required for the antifouling.
When you grind back next time / s,
the epoxy color shows where you're down to.

FWIW

u...