Default Tales of Woe (was) Lost Halyard

wrote in message
On Jun 3, 7:58 pm, jeff wrote:
Molesworth wrote:
In article lutions,

It sounds like a fairly simple task, and that's what I thought it'd be,
until I started to do it.

I go through at least one such episode every year...

So here I am at home in more AC and I'm quite pleased with myself for
actually doing it despite the quad bypass four years ago!

Part of the reason I've resisted getting A/C for the boat - I would
probably get 10 minutes into a job, then give up and retreat below.

My Tale of Woe (for today) was really a simple brain-fart that could
have been a disaster. I was taking my brother out for a spin around
the harbor. We're on the end of the dock, so leaving is just a matter
of removing the lines in the proper sequence, and then, if necessary,
springing off. The only real problem is that from my helm seat, I'm 15
feet from the dock, so its hard to work lines and engines at the same
time. I calmly gave my brother the whole sequence, removed lines, hopped
on, and headed out. Only one problem: I had forgotten the shorepower
cable! Of course, my brother was not familiar with the workings of the
cable, and then when he finally got it off, he tossed it in the water!
Fortunately, I was back to back up to the dock so he could flip the
power switch and retrieve the cable.

Around here the radar caint see the skeeters due to the clutter caused
by the flying cockroaches. I always wondered why we didnt have mice
like they do up north till I saw a roach run across the yard carrying
a dead mouse.

That's nothing. I saw a roach attempting to drag a moose across a small
road.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Default Lost Halyard

Hmm, I thought maybe it was just me and my boating experiences, but
these stories are full of dripping sweat too!

What really gets me is when I pop up from somewhere and one my my kids
looks at me and says, "Is that sweat?"

Like they can't imagine how all this vacationing could be making me sweat.

Stephen

"Scooter" wrote in message ...
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

That's nothing. I saw a roach attempting to drag a moose across a small
road.

Still having those flashbacks, eh?

Ha ha ha! Good one!

Wilbur Hubbard

replace mainsail halyard Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 March 3rd 07 05:55 AM
Winchless jib halyard Roger Long Cruising 0 January 23rd 06 10:40 AM
Winchless Halyard Roger Long Cruising 10 July 6th 05 09:47 PM
Halyard advice appreciated Roger Long Cruising 27 June 13th 05 09:38 PM
Main halyard winch, 1sp. or 2sp? Ilv2sl Cruising 30 September 18th 03 06:08 AM