Default House Committee Passes Clean Boating Act of 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:25:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

Umm...ever hear of cows?

I'm just wondering whether it actually hurts to be this stupid...

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 May 2008 09:16:58 +0200, "Edgar" said:

It is not the plants and animals that are hurting the environment...

Umm...ever hear of cows?

Yes, I quite like eating them and so do a lot of other people too.
So,if there were less people we would not need so many cows to provide food.
But there never seemed to be a climate problem arising from buffaloes when
N.America was swarming with them so I find it rather hard to believe that
cows are changing our climate now most of the buffaloes have been shot..
How many human beings put out CO2 equivalent to one cow? How many car
miles does it take to equal the 'greenhouse gases' resulting from one major
volcanic eruption?
I think global warming (assuming that longer term measurements confirm that
it is indeed happening) has provided the politicians with a heaven sent
opportunity to raise a whole lot of new taxes and claim to be doing it in
the interests of the planet.
And soon Al Gore and all his like thinking buddies will fly to somewhere
like (for instance) Bali to talk about it. How many cows would it need to
equal their gas output?
Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. The only thing I am sure about is that the
planet has too many human beings on it already..

On Fri, 23 May 08, PhantMan said:
If that's true (and I don't agree that it is) then it dang sure worked
to get mine.

On 27 May 08, Dave wrote:
I assume you are also aware that the sky is falling.

Yes, I've heard. But thanks for the heads up anyway :-)

said:

[...]

Good point. Everyone should be made to wear some type of methane gas filter
device on their ass...and the worse offenders, at both ends.

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:29:43 +0200, "Edgar" said:

I think global warming (assuming that longer term measurements confirm that
it is indeed happening) has provided the politicians with a heaven sent
opportunity to raise a whole lot of new taxes and claim to be doing it in
the interests of the planet.
And soon Al Gore and all his like thinking buddies will fly to somewhere
like (for instance) Bali to talk about it. How many cows would it need to
equal their gas output?
Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. The only thing I am sure about is that the
planet has too many human beings on it already..

Before there was an Al Gore there was a Thomas Malthus. Had he been correct,
we would all be extinct.

I believe the next meeting is Hawaii.

wrote:

How many human beings put out CO2 equivalent to one cow?

First, the CO2 was recently removed from the atmosphere. Fossil fuels
are the problem, not recently fixed carbon. Second, the greenhouse gas
implicated is methane.

Casady

On 27 May 2008 13:19:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

Malthus made some very valid observations that have stood the test of
time.

As did the ancients who said the earth is flat. Gonna join the Flat Earth
Society?

What do valid observations have to do with false theories?

Casady

Clean Boating Act of 2008 claus Cruising 27 March 26th 08 04:12 AM
Senate Ethics Committee To Meet In New Ethics Committee Mansion Doug Kanter General 1 February 16th 06 07:15 PM
Being the committee boat [email protected] General 4 September 17th 05 03:35 AM
OT Best shipmate passes ed General 3 September 7th 05 05:59 PM
she should stupidly clean cosmetic and loves our new, lean codes in back of a house [email protected] ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:55 PM