Default Being the committee boat

OK, I get to be committee boat for this race tommorow. Just what I
always wanted, limitless authority.
Seriously, after I do the stuff with the flags to start it off, while
they are racing, can I go below and work on my bilge pump wiring or do
I have to really watch? This could easily exceed my attention span.

Watching barnacles grow? My vague recollection is 5 miles this way,
then 5 miles that way and then 5 miles back. Thats about 3
hours.............

Bryan

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, I get to be committee boat for this race tommorow. Just what I
always wanted, limitless authority.
Seriously, after I do the stuff with the flags to start it off, while
they are racing, can I go below and work on my bilge pump wiring or do
I have to really watch? This could easily exceed my attention span.

Ignoring the paint drying and barnacles growing comments, you'll be
surprised at the activities you'll be involved in while you're "watching the
paint dry."

You might be moving the line, frequently the starting line and finish line
are in different locations.
You're race might have rules about not crossing the finish line before the
true finish and you will disqualify those who do.
You certainly should have others on your boat so it will be more of a social
activity than an anchor the boat, fire the shotgun, and come back up 2 hours
later.
I predict that you will be busy. I also predict that if you do it right,
you'll have a good time. That's my experience.
Let us know how it goes.

Bryan, you are probably correct.