Default Cape Horn WV info

On Sun, 11 May 2008 21:15:29 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sun, 11 May 2008 17:18:24 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

No Bruce,
It's just the thoughts of all those beautiful Thai maidens.

Coupled with the uncontrollable drooling and dribbling it can be quite
embarrassing.

cheers
Peter

Hey, we got some of them, you can have up to four of. No problem, just
be sure that you provide for them all equally, in all senses of the
word. (Which may make your hands shake even more).

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Yeah, sure.

I am both sadly and yet gratefully coming to the end of a 33 year
marriage to only one woman.

As for Moslems being able to have four wives, I would mind you of one
of my favourite Englishman's comments

"The definition of bigamy is having one wife too many;
- monogamy is the same thing" - Oscar Wilde.

Besides, religions aside, many of the Americans I have met whilst
cruising are well on their way to having four wives, perhaps not more
than one at a time but a considerable number of the cruising couples I
have met are into their second or third marriages. I even met one man
who had remarried his first wife after two in between. I am aways
amused when i hear couples talk of "xxx's daughter came to stay"

No, I am seriously considering 'hieing me to a monastery" or going gay
without the sex. A lot of men I know are simply so easy to get along
with. But.... there are a lot of gorgeous Thai women. Come to think
of it, there are a lot of attractive women. My problem is that I am
looking for the perfect woman. I found one once but she wasn't
remotely interested in me. She was looking for the perfect man.

No. I think I'll just stick with my six beautiful kids. There are no
conditions and expiry date to a child's love and I have learned the
hard way the truth of my Malay friend's advice that "pretty women are
high maintenance".

Look after yourself and be careful of the seditious "un-American"
statements you have been making of late. They don't allow visitors at
Guantanamo Bay and there are no lovely Thai women.
cheers
Peter

Huh? Greek coffee is seditious? God only knows, but it may be in this
day and age.

By the way, there is a bloke down the dock that seems to have sorted
out his marital arrangements. He owns a generic medicine factory in
Russia and is married to a Russian woman. Charley is in his early
sixties and has decided to turn the factory over to his younger wife
to manage. So Charley cruises the world on his 45 ft. Amel and his
wife stays home and runs the business and sends Charley money. She
visits wherever Charley happens to be on her annual vacation and they
seem to get along wonderfully well.

It looks like a great idea, but as they say, "The devil is in the
details", and I haven't gotten those worked out yet.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

On Sun, 11 May 2008 13:22:02 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

////
Oceanis 43 with a Cape Horn windvane. He reports the vane worked well
with a couple of exceptions.
1) The tube transversing the transom is not watertight and following
seas do push water thru it.
2) His unit started sticking where the rod passes thru the plastic
bushing. After several emails with Cape Horn, they finally admitted that
the plastic they used had a tendency to absorb water and swell up to 15%.

///

There's a board used in aircraft still - been round for ever, that
looks like SRBP (synthetic resin bonded paper) that is called SRBF
where the fabric layers are made of linen.

///
I think you are talking about Micarta, dates back to 1910 or
thereabout, and is still being used.

///
Bruce-in-Bangkok

Yep, micarta is a trade name - though it is going generic. Tufnol
is another tradename for the material too.

Regards

Brian

An old sailor song .. from days of yor .. or is that whore .. whatever..

You wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife, no,
From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.

When out sailing a boat, an ugly woman will
keep you afloast;
The pretty ones are good in bed, but they
can't set sails, and they will get you dead.

An ugly woman cooks meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.
She can raise the sails, dump the pales,
and she don't care if the head smells like snails.

From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.

wrote:

[...]

Charley's wife stays home? Ya ,, sure. She waits for
Charley's call ..

The answer is that group in Texas. Guy can have twenty wives if he wants.
Surely, out of twenty there is at least one sailor.

On Mon, 12 May 2008 15:22:05 GMT, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

No Bruce,
It's just the thoughts of all those beautiful Thai maidens.

Coupled with the uncontrollable drooling and dribbling it can be quite
embarrassing.

Much snipped

[...]

Charley didn;t relay all the details (remember I told you where the
devils are) but from what I observe Charley is a stand up guy and as
he seems to have no aversion to himself having a little friend perhaps
he doesn't deny the satisfaction to his wife ... the money is still
coming in.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

On 2008-05-11 07:15:29 -0400, Herodotus said:

As for Moslems being able to have four wives, I would mind you of one
of my favourite Englishman's comments

"The definition of bigamy is having one wife too many;
- monogamy is the same thing" - Oscar Wilde.

Or one that' been attributed to the Chinese ideogram for "trouble" --
two women under one roof.

--
Jere Lull

On Tue, 13 May 2008 07:54:34 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

It looks like a great idea, but as they say, "The devil is in the
details", and I haven't gotten those worked out yet.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Charley's wife stays home? Ya ,, sure. She waits for
Charley's call ..

The answer is that group in Texas. Guy can have twenty wives if he wants.
Surely, out of twenty there is at least one sailor.

Charley didn;t relay all the details (remember I told you where the
devils are) but from what I observe Charley is a stand up guy and as
he seems to have no aversion to himself having a little friend perhaps
he doesn't deny the satisfaction to his wife ... the money is still
coming in.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Actually Bruce, now that I have had a couple of days to think about
it, perhaps the American multi-wife social system is the best. It is
of course not polygamy as that is illegal in the USA but does allow
multiple wives.

I have been following the news items of that religious sect whereby
all the older men have many young (and really young) women to bed and
as wives.

They seem to have perfected a rather wondeful social system in that it
is endorsed by their religious values (and who would dare to argue
with God if they wish to be let in the door upstairs); the women are
sunmissive, subservient and obedient; and they get rid of the mating
competition by excluding the young males from the herd. Best of all,
unlike the polygamy practiced in the Moslem world, there are no silly
rules dictating that you must treat all your wives equally such as
spending equal time with each and allotting your expenditure equally
amongst them. In other words, you don't have to summon the willpower
to have sexual relations with the older and worn out ones. you just
get them to do the donkey work whilst you are pleasured by the young
and nubile and illegal in most states, girls.

Yet again, American leads the way. No wonder America is called the
land of the free (for the men at least). I was wrong in not taking up
that job offer years ago.

cheers
Peter

On 2008-05-11 07:15:29 -0400, Herodotus said:

As for Moslems being able to have four wives, I would mind you of one
of my favourite Englishman's comments

"The definition of bigamy is having one wife too many;
- monogamy is the same thing" - Oscar Wilde.

Or one that' been attributed to the Chinese ideogram for "trouble" --
two women under one roof.

I think that character actually means something more like
"dis-harmony". Trouble with the wife; not trouble with the car.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

wrote:

[...]

Before you get all excited and join the ranks of the Red, White and
Blue, you really need to read up on the local laws. Many (most?)
states now have community property laws, i.e., if you and your missus
decide to tear the sheets in half she gets (1) half of all the
family's assets, (2) monthly support for all immature children, paid
by your goodself out of your half of the assets, or your sweat, (3)
some sort of subsidence allowance (you can't expect the poor woman to
work. After all she devoted the best years of her life to taking care
of you), again paid by you.

Plus, you will probably have to pay her lawyer's costs and any other
legal costs she incurred in ditching you.

"I divorce you; I divorce you; I divorce you" is probably a lot
cheaper.

By the way, "It is God's will" doesn't work in the U.S. There have
been a couple, or more, cases with the Mormons and I believe some of
the old boys enjoyed a stay at the gray bar hotel because of too many
wives.

Bruce-in-Bangkok