Default NOAA BSB Chart Server

I've been trying to download both the Maptech Free charts and the NOAA
BSB site for the past two days. Both are DOA. Anyone else having problems?
hank S.

hank wrote:
I've been trying to download both the Maptech Free charts and the NOAA
BSB site for the past two days. Both are DOA. Anyone else having problems?
hank S.

update: textural option on NOAA site is working (slowly) JAVA-based
option is NOT. Maptech orders pile up on their server with no response.

"hank" wrote in message
I've been trying to download both the Maptech Free charts and the NOAA BSB
site for the past two days. Both are DOA. Anyone else having problems?
hank S.

Do you think when health care is free we will have the same access problems?

If it's free that means nobody gets it unless it is worth all that you paid
for it - nothing!

Buck up and buy some decent charts.

"Owen Kellog" wrote in :

Do you think when health care is free we will have the same access
problems?

Healthcare isn't free, anywhere.....especially not in the USA.

If it's free that means nobody gets it unless it is worth all that you
paid for it - nothing!

NOAA charts aren't free, either. Every taxpayer in the country has been
fleeced since he was old enough to go to the salt mines to pay for NOAA
charting, so your "free" analogy is just nonsense.

Powerful forces have created commercial channelization to prevent you from
using your tax paid service in many departments, not just NOAA, so
commercial interests can RE-sell those previously paid items back to you
that you've already paid through-the-nose for, many times over.

NOAA charts are just one example.....

NASA pictures are another.

NDLN is another.

Your turn to show your brainwashing has completed....

Buck up and buy some decent charts.

Don't be such an ass. The free charts work well enough, certainly better
than none at all. The commercial charts are often more up to date (but not
always). That and in many places none of the charts are truly accurate for
current conditions. Lots of places haven't been rechecked for decades due
to lack of funding.

hank wrote:
I've been trying to download both the Maptech Free charts and the NOAA
BSB site for the past two days. Both are DOA. Anyone else having problems?
hank S.

Glad everybody had a chance to vent. GEEZE

I received a reply from NOAA
"We're working on our RNC server problems. Use our backup server at
http://www.charts.noaa.gov/RNCs/RNCs.shtml

On Thu, 08 May 2008 11:37:16 -0400, hank wrote:

I received a reply from NOAA
"We're working on our RNC server problems. Use our backup server at
http://www.charts.noaa.gov/RNCs/RNCs.shtml

Thanks, it's good to know they have a backup server.

On Thu, 08 May 2008 08:39:13 -0500, Owen Kellog wrote:

If it's free that means nobody gets it unless it is worth all that you
paid for it - nothing!

really?
how much did you pay for the last breath you just took?

putz

On Sat, 10 May 2008 07:03:23 -0500, mister b wrote:

On Thu, 08 May 2008 08:39:13 -0500, Owen Kellog wrote:

If it's free that means nobody gets it unless it is worth all that you
paid for it - nothing!

really?
how much did you pay for the last breath you just took?

The real question is, "how much would you be willing to pay for the
next breath?".