posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Lessons to be learned from the wreck of the 'RED CLOUD'

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

My dear Sir. The famed Wilbur is not so crass as to post the details
of his earth shaking cruising exploits for all and sundry to peruse.

My goodness, one does not discuss one's own exploits, no matter how
exemplary they may be. The chaps would view that in much the same
light as an individual so declasse' as to pass the Port to the right.

No, the famed cruising expert and Internet habitue restricts the
details of his celebrated voyaging which are solely for his own
edification and certainly not for the commonality to salivate over.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)

Now THAT is class...
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Apr 9, 9:19 pm, JimC wrote:
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Tom Dacon" wrote in message

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
ctanews.com...

Spare us.

Jeez what a closed minded nitwit you are, Tom! One must wonder why you
bother reading discussion groups.

So, instead of whining, next time spare yourself yourself. It's not my job
to do it. And, what's with the "us." How dare you presume to speak for
everybody else?

Now, bugger off ******!

Wilbur Hubbard

Neal (Wilbur), what boat are you sailing these days? Or are you sailing
at all? Pictures?

Jim

Of course he's not sailing. He's so pathetic that he takes photos of
other boats and claims they're his. He's a sad sockpuppet who hides
because he must. He doesn't sail at all. If he did he'd post a pic or
two and troll with that.

The Better Captain
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:17:54 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote

Now THAT is class...

Gee, three of my cruising exploits are being published as articles in
"Points East" http://www.pointseast.com this year.

That must make me a world class porker among the Port drinkers of the
world

Assuming that "pointeast" is a Maine publication one does not worry
about passing the Port to the left (Port). One worries about grabbing
the beer before Lew Boudearu gets it.

And, short lobsters are all right if you dig the hole yourself and go
out to the island on an actual lobster boat with a tub of bait in the
cockpit :-)

wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote

Now THAT is class...

Gee, three of my cruising exploits are being published as articles in
"Points East" http://www.pointseast.com this year.

That must make me a world class porker among the Port drinkers of the
world

Assuming that "pointeast" is a Maine publication one does not worry
about passing the Port to the left (Port). One worries about grabbing
the beer before Lew Boudearu gets it.

And, short lobsters are all right if you dig the hole yourself and go
out to the island on an actual lobster boat with a tub of bait in the
cockpit :-)

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)

I "kinda" did that once in the Gulf - shrimpin'
3 Good ol' boys in a 14 foot jon boat with a case of beer.

We had quite a haul for the Jumbo that weekend.
And all God's cute little slimy creatures in the bottom of the boat.

Closest I've ever come to being green gilled sea sick!

Richard
--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

And, short lobsters are all right if you dig the hole yourself and go
out to the island on an actual lobster boat with a tub of bait in the
cockpit :-)

Shorts and scrambled eggs, breakfast of Champions!

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:13:14 -0400, Martin Baxter
wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

And, short lobsters are all right if you dig the hole yourself and go
out to the island on an actual lobster boat with a tub of bait in the
cockpit :-)

Shorts and scrambled eggs, breakfast of Champions!

Cheers
Marty

Goodness, and here I thought that all RBC folks were law abiding good
guys. I mention "short lobsters" and it seems like everybody knows
what I'm talking about. Next thing I'm going to mention "jack
lighting" to see if there are any deer hunters in the crowd.

wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
And, short lobsters are all right if you dig the hole yourself and go
out to the island on an actual lobster boat with a tub of bait in the
cockpit :-)

Shorts and scrambled eggs, breakfast of Champions!

Cheers
Marty

Goodness, and here I thought that all RBC folks were law abiding good
guys. I mention "short lobsters" and it seems like everybody knows
what I'm talking about. Next thing I'm going to mention "jack
lighting" to see if there are any deer hunters in the crowd.

Had friends on Grand Manan Island when I was young. "Honest Officer,
those little fellers was killed by the big lads in the pots, once we had
em in the boat it seemed like it'd just be polluting to throw them back..."

No deer there, but the island I currently live on has plenty, and a
number of people with apparently impaired night vision; why else would
they have those giant lights on the cab roof?

Cheers
Marty

wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
[...]

Marty- Hide quoted text -

Knew this was a lie when I read "Had friends..."

The Good Captain
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
[...]

In the some sixty years that I've been messing around in boats I have
never heard a professional seaman refer to himself as "the good
captain" so I assume that you are some sort of ignoramus that knows
nothing and rates right along side such other sterling examples of
stupidity as the Good Captain Neil and Wilbur (the guy that can't
spell his name correctly) for competency.

So, good but good captain and into the hopper you go.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

In article ,
Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

In the some sixty years that I've been messing around in boats I have
never heard a professional seaman refer to himself as "the good
captain" so I assume that you are some sort of ignoramus that knows
nothing and rates right along side such other sterling examples of
stupidity as the Good Captain Neil and Wilbur (the guy that can't
spell his name correctly) for competency.

I sailed into harbor in W Fla for the night and was addressed as
'Captain' by the dockie. I was single-handing but I still squirm with
embarrassment as I don't consider myself to be experienced enough to
earn that title.

And I don't know when/if I'll be comfortable with it either.

However, someone has to be in charge (me).. Hmm, a quandary!

--
Molesworth