Lee Huddleston

Default Park Place wreck

I heard from a friend in the Dominican Republic that a sailboat named
Park Place went up on a reef and sank somewhere north of the DR. Does
anyone know any more information about this incident? I met the Capt
and crew of a boat named Park Place in Clarence Town, Long Island,
Bahamas about a month ago. They were heading for the DR. Hopefully
no one was injured. It is shocking and very sad to hear of the loss of
a boat when one has met the folks involved.

Thanks for any information.

Lee Huddleston

Lee Huddleston

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:00:29 -0500, "scott" jsodellatgmail.com
wrote:

Back around Feb 7th or thereabouts the Cruiseheimers Net led off with the
relay of a report of a "125' yacht" capsized with a "large debis field" but
my SSB reception was marginal and I did not copy the lat/long. From the
context I thought it was somewhere in the southern Bahamas but I've heard no
more about that incident. Could they be related?
Scott

Scott,

It could be related, except the Park Place was a 39 foot catamaran as
best I can recall. Feb 7th would have been around the correct time.
We flew into Deadman's Cay and caught a ride over to Clarence Town on
January 27. We were pinned down by weather for a few days, getting
out on Jan 30 or 31. Sailed to Mayaguana (sp?) then to Provo, T & C.
I think Park Place left Clarence Town the day before we did, but I
don't know where they went, other than they were heading south.

If you get any more information, I sure would appreciate your
forwarding it to me. If you would like, you can e-mail it directly to
me at Thanks for your help.

Lee Huddleston
s/v Truelove