Chuck Bollinger

Default I've got water in my engine oil....

I have a friend who had this problem, and it turns out it may not be all that
serious. He changed oil and ran it a bit, then changed oil again and ran it,
and did that a couple of times. When he had finished, the mechanic told him
that he had just steam cleaned his engine. It ran very well thereafter.

But there may be more to it that I have forgotten. I am going to sent this to
the guy and see if he won't tell any part of the story that I forgot.

What I do know, however, is that with a little work he certainly didn't have to
have the engine rebuilt.

MLapla4120 wrote:

Hey,
Some seawater is in my newly re-built MDIIB diesel (volvo), what do I do?
I changed the oil five times and the filter twice. Runs great otherwise.

Fresh Water Tank Lou Cragin Cruising 6 December 8th 03 08:23 AM
inventing a different kind of fresh water engine flush C. Sadler Boat Building 7 December 5th 03 04:11 AM
Engine News from Genmar Gould 0738 General 8 October 27th 03 04:47 PM
Flushing engine stored in Salt Water Macomras General 1 September 7th 03 02:56 AM