Default A Thousand Dollar Gold Today

Rich:

As a sailor you are more free than most to leave the good ol' US of A.
Just be careful the country to which you flee. I took the time to look
up the tax rates around the world. On www.worldwide-tax.com/ I found
that of 59 countries represented, 35 had income tax rates the same or
higher than in the US. Some were as high as 59% (Denmark). Another 45
countries had a VAT (value added tax - i.e. sales tax) higher than the
0 - 10.25 US VAT charged in the US (set variously by local and state
governments), some as high as 25% (Brazil, Denmark, Sweden). The
countries with the lowest income taxes most often had the highest
VAT's (you can pay me now or pay me later).

When you go, your best choices: Bulgaria (10% income but 20% VAT),
Czech. Republic (15% income but 19% VAT), Monaco (0% but 19.6 VAT -
good marinas to slip your boat but costly), Montenegro (15% income
but 17% VAT), Romania (16% income but 19% VAT), Russia (13% income but
18% VAT), Saudi Arabia (20% income and 0% VAT - a winner if you can
stand the heat), Serbia (10/14% income but 18% VAT), Singapore (3.75 -
21% income and 5% VAT - don't litter), Slovakia (19% income but 19%
VAT) and finally, the ever popular Ukraine (15% income but 20% VAT).

So many choices . . . so little time until next November. Drop me a
postcard from when you wind up.

Gregg Dennhardt

yes well, if you've been listening carefully to the current 'three
stooges' running for US president .... and if all the healthcare BS is
included. If you look to the fact the current US healthcare is
running 16-18% of GNP, and if the 3 stooges get their way .... the
average 'middle class' taxpayer @ 28% averaged income tax bite will
soon be 'enjoying' 28% + 16% = 44% in income taxes. So we'll all
need a bigger wheelbarrow .... just to pay the damn income taxes. Im
looking to flee to another country. My ancestors came to the US
looking for economic, etc. freedom. I don't think they'd consider the
US if they were immigrating today.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:34:18 -0700, DoctorD wrote:

tax-whining snipped

wonder why your roads are pot-holed, your buses/subways old and broken,
your hospitals un-maintained, your sewage treatment plants obsolete, your
children's schools a disgrace...

keep whining about the taxes bub...just so long as _you're_ alright eh
Jack?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:34:18 -0700 (PDT), DoctorD
wrote:

[...]

I can't speak for the E.U. countries but in Singapore you pay no
income tax on monies earned outside the country and no capital gains
tax, however GST (sales ) tax is now 7%

Thailand, effectively no tax unless you work in the country..

Malaysia - ditto.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)

mister b wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:34:18 -0700, DoctorD wrote:

tax-whining snipped

wonder why your roads are pot-holed, your buses/subways old and broken,
your hospitals un-maintained, your sewage treatment plants obsolete, your
children's schools a disgrace...

keep whining about the taxes bub...just so long as _you're_ alright eh
Jack?

Yeah, no need to whine about taxes. See the democratic plan is to raise
*someone else's* taxes and have *someone else* pay to repair the roads,
buses, etc! All you have to do is become a democrat and you can claim
morally superior compassion for the poor, etc without contributing one
thin dime of your own money to the effort!

Stephen

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
mister b wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:34:18 -0700, DoctorD wrote:

tax-whining snipped

wonder why your roads are pot-holed, your buses/subways old and broken,
your hospitals un-maintained, your sewage treatment plants obsolete, your
children's schools a disgrace...

keep whining about the taxes bub...just so long as _you're_ alright eh
Jack?

Yeah, no need to whine about taxes. See the democratic plan is to raise
*someone else's* taxes and have *someone else* pay to repair the roads,
buses, etc! All you have to do is become a democrat and you can claim
morally superior compassion for the poor, etc without contributing one
thin dime of your own money to the effort!

Stephen

Nonsense! Everybody knows any good Democrat is too busy using his money to
support poor, destitute, 5,000 dollar-an-hour call girls. Morals are for
everybody else. Democrats, by definition, have no moral compass thus they
cannot be criticized for immoral acts.

--
Gregory Hall

wrote:

[...]

And the most beautiful women on earth!

How will I work, I will be too tired.

mister b wrote:
[...]

Of course it's all the Democrat's fault...for the last 7.5 years they
have nearly ruined the US with their tax and spend madness...My god this
government has been ****ing away a billion tax dollars a week trying to
bring democracy to Iraq...what? they haven't been in power? oh...well
apparently it's all their goddamn fault anyway..the *******s! all of
them..every last one of them has been out partying with $5000
hookers....even the children of democrats have been too! they're evil
from the moment they're conceived by their godless, anti-American,
taliban-loving Democrat ******* parents...

gentleman...while out on your boats, take some time to do a little
fishing...in fact a lot of fishing...start eating lots of fish...it's
supposed to be good for growing brain cells...because you two...damn

poke a stick into a dark place and look what pops out...a couple
of...what is the plural of dufus anyway?

mister b wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:34:18 -0700, DoctorD wrote:

tax-whining snipped

wonder why your roads are pot-holed, your buses/subways old and broken,
your hospitals un-maintained, your sewage treatment plants obsolete, your
children's schools a disgrace...

keep whining about the taxes bub...just so long as _you're_ alright eh
Jack?

Yeah, no need to whine about taxes. See the democratic plan is to raise
*someone else's* taxes and have *someone else* pay to repair the roads,
buses, etc! All you have to do is become a democrat and you can claim
morally superior compassion for the poor, etc without contributing one
thin dime of your own money to the effort!

Stephen

Way off topic, but I suppose you think that $3-6 trillion spent on a war of
choice is preferrable to health care for all Americans... I know where I'd
rather see my money going, and it isn't to Saudia Arabia.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com