Rick & Linda Bernard

Default Refrigerator Fan

Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.
I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

LaBomba182

Subject: Refrigerator Fan
From: "Rick & Linda Bernard"

Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.

Yes.

I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

They work. But I would use a 12v hard wired one.

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182

Rick Morel

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:27:11 -0600, "Rick & Linda Bernard"
wrote:

Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.
I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

Yes, they really work well. Our built in tended to be colder waaay
down there and warmer in the top far end (of course!). After the fan,
the temps were the same everywhere and less cycling. Also a longer
time between defrosting.

Here's what I used. Get a computer CPU fan. Take the actual fan off. I
left the connector on it and wired in the mating connector from an
extension. It's wired directly, thru a fuse, to the house bank. Those
fans draw around .06 to .1 Amps, so a max of 2.4 Amp Hours per day.
Use a small L-bracket to mount or even a twist-tie to hang it from
something.

Rick

S/V Final Step
http://www.morelr.com/coronado/

Richard Kollmann

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message ...
Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.
I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

Installation of a small fan to tumble the air around the inside of the
refrigerator box can greatly improve the efficiency of your
refrigerator, for details on fan and installation; see FAQ #30 on my
web site.
http://www.kollmann-marine.com

Dave

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message ...
Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.
I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

I have a small fan that lasts a month (continuous duty) on one D-cell
battery. I bought it for $12 from an on-line store that caters to the
RV crowd. I can't recall the name of the store. This is so cheap and
easy that you could try it and, if you don't like the battery option,
at least you would know how it worked before going through the effort
to wire it. For us, the battery power was not an issue and the
results were well worth the cost.

Dave