Rick Morel

Default Refrigerator Fan

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:27:11 -0600, "Rick & Linda Bernard"
wrote:

Anyone use a small fan in their fridge to help stabilize the temperatures.
I have seen a battery powered one. Any comment on their effectiveness.

Yes, they really work well. Our built in tended to be colder waaay
down there and warmer in the top far end (of course!). After the fan,
the temps were the same everywhere and less cycling. Also a longer
time between defrosting.

Here's what I used. Get a computer CPU fan. Take the actual fan off. I
left the connector on it and wired in the mating connector from an
extension. It's wired directly, thru a fuse, to the house bank. Those
fans draw around .06 to .1 Amps, so a max of 2.4 Amp Hours per day.
Use a small L-bracket to mount or even a twist-tie to hang it from
something.

Rick

S/V Final Step
http://www.morelr.com/coronado/