Default Raymarine product horrors

Larry wrote in
:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

I've built that interface circuit and it does work. Hyperterm
definately wont do the job. Larry must be confusing Seatalk with
NMEA.

No, you can see the streams of Seatalk with hyperterm....

If there is NOISE OR RF INTERFERENCE OR SOME SEATALK GOING CRAZY
Hyperterm will fill with graphic gibberish! You don't have to decode
the Seatalk to see the crap in there with it....

Wrong. It's a binary protocol and the signal levels are inverted from
RS232. There no ASCII characters involved in it. Read the document that I
posted the link to in rec.boats.electronics. If there's anything readable,
it's only by pure chance.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

WaIIy wrote in
:

You might want to change yours so home.com quits getting your spam.

Nope. I was a home.com customer on Comcrap. Any spam I can create for
them befits the lack of service I was rendered.

When did they come back online? Bankruptcy court know about that?

WaIIy wrote in
news
Larry, you're spamming a known and used domain.

I'm doing no such thing. I don't spam anyone and I resent you saying so.

On 2008-02-01 10:08:04 -0500, Geoff Schultz said:

An "odd event" is different from a program going "bang." I would be
willing to bet that you don't do range checking on all of the data that
you input from disk or a database.

You'd lose that bet, but I admit that I'm unusual.

I'm proud of the number of systems that I've given away to lesser (or
no) programmers as no further maintenance was required. A couple of
times, that meant that I had to find a new job, but most of the time
I've been grabbed up by a different division.

Two companies have paid me in 20 years (excepting a serious misfit I
stumbled upon between the two). Anyone who can claim similar will
almost assuredly have similar requirements (and accomplishments) to
mine.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

On 2008-02-01 15:40:43 -0500, Bruce in alaska said:

Ahhh, but there is a GIANT difference between what RayMarine firmware
is designed to do, and what your Multi-Million Dollar Investment
Software, or your Healthcare software is designed to do.

Bruce, I have no real disagreement with you or even what you were saying.

But to some programmers, it doesn't matter who is paying the bills. We
pride ourselves on writing code that any damned fool can run and debug
after we leave.

Because pretty much anyone that follows *will* be a fool. [Sorry for
being so non-PC, but I know my abilities, and I really AM that good.]

I'm most proud of the sub-systems that I've written that others have
co-opted without *any* involvement on my part.

I'm even more proud when none find a way to screw things up -- as long
as they leave my code untouched. When they "adjust" my code, they
invariably screw up.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

Raymarine product horrors [email protected] Cruising 1 January 30th 08 04:08 AM
Horrors of Spider Island Babs Johnson ASA 4 December 5th 04 09:43 PM
Apelco/Raymarine 520 / Raymarine 102 handheld VHF SAIL LOCO Electronics 0 August 21st 04 03:08 AM
can I use this product? RB General 2 April 1st 04 10:16 PM
Product for oxidation CherylHann General 4 September 4th 03 10:14 AM