Default Mexico crime

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 21:19:05 -0800 (PST), said:

http://www.historyguy.com/Mexican-American_War.html

Very interesting. One must be cautious about anything written by
historians
in academia these days, because their draft-dodging history gives them a
perspective influenced by that personal history.

Seems to me the parallel missing but begging for mention in the article is
the history of the Balkans following collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

By that logic, everyone should be cautious about anyone, since everyone has
a history that gives them a perspective influenced by their personal
history. So, basically you're saying trust no one. I support that.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 10, 12:14*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

Who's asking for special treatment? I just wanted to be treated like
every other tourist or person buying a meal in a resturant. I'm
polite, respectful and willing to pay cash. It was quite clear that
because you are Americans you get the special crappy service reserved
for Americans. And it's not like I snuck over the border and was
looking to take work away from any Mexican. It's not like I did not
pay port fees, immigration bribes, customs tarriffs and inflated
Gringo prices. For pleasure and spending dollars I'll go elsewhere
where there is not an attitude problem.

Joe, I've never been treated as you describe and I've been going to Mex. for
30 years.

--
"j" ganz

Well good for you Johnathan. I've been going there a long time as
well, with my first trip in 1972. Many trips in the 80's and then
worked for Pemex in the bay of De Campche for a couple years in the
early 90's. I enjoyed every trip until my last one. The food sucked,
the Marinas sucked, and the officals were a pain in the ass and failed
to provide a proper Zarpa when departing mexican waters. I put off
going to Vera Cruz because that week a drug gang cut the head off a
federal trooper and left it in his barracks. My broker was afraid we
might be mistaken for drug runners and everyone might be murdered. You
in Mexico.

Joe

Stephen Trapani wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:01:49 -0800, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Roger Long wrote:

"Marty" wrote

Unfortunately, little has changed, except maybe to expand the idea.
Now the US has a God-given mandate to "democratize" the planet.

You mean "democratize the parts with oil", do you not?

We have a morality driven mandate to bring democracy (democratic
governments have never warred against each other) to those countries
creating a great deal of trouble to their neighbors and the rest of
the world.

Stephen

That being the case, I guess sombody fell asleep at the wheel when the
Burmese people democratically elected a government, but the military
refused to relinquish control. It might even be there's some oil
there - (there used to be a "Burma Oil company" anyway!)

Has Burma been creating a great deal of trouble for their neighbors and
the rest of the world?

Stephen

What was that about a Burma Teak Import ban???

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:52:02 -0800, cavalamb himself
wrote:

Has Burma been creating a great deal of trouble for their neighbors and
the rest of the world?

Stephen

What was that about a Burma Teak Import ban???

Hmmm...interesting observation.

Brian W

"Joe" wrote in message

[...]

I've experienced the same thing in LA...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-02-10 12:01:49 -0500, Stephen Trapani said:

democratic governments have never warred against each other

?? Thinking a bit, I can't remember an exception. An interesting
observation, if true.

Then again, democracy is a relatively recent development, and quite a
few copied (relative) allies.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

mr.b wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:25:35 -0800, Stephen Trapani wrote:

It's sad you can't recognize the obvious higher moral ground that the US
occupies, compared to Islamic extremists. Maybe you should learn a little
about some of these people.

obvious? oh my you have drunk deep from the kool-aid haven't
you...perhaps you should spend a little less time watching "Fox News"
there fella

I mix it up pretty well. I'm always up for new entertainment though. I'd
love to hear you explain the moral superiority of, say, the severe
oppression of women, no freedom of speech, suicide bombers targeting as
many innocents as they can, or any significant moral principle of
Islamic extremism. Have fun!

Stephen

wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message

[...]

What did you use to stick your head back on?

Monster glue of course!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:52:06 -0800, Stephen Trapani wrote:

I mix it up pretty well. I'm always up for new entertainment though. I'd
love to hear you explain the moral superiority of, say, the severe
oppression of women, no freedom of speech, suicide bombers targeting as
many innocents as they can, or any significant moral principle of Islamic
extremism. Have fun!

Why would I strap meat to the bones of your straw man/false dichotomy?
You assert "moral superiority" for the US. I, a student of history,
unblinded by a lifetime of propagandization as an American citizen, can
see that the US has no claim to any moral high ground. You can feel free
to refute. Good luck.

mr.b wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:52:06 -0800, Stephen Trapani wrote:

I mix it up pretty well. I'm always up for new entertainment though. I'd
love to hear you explain the moral superiority of, say, the severe
oppression of women, no freedom of speech, suicide bombers targeting as
many innocents as they can, or any significant moral principle of Islamic
extremism. Have fun!

Why would I strap meat to the bones of your straw man/false dichotomy?
You assert "moral superiority" for the US. I, a student of history,
unblinded by a lifetime of propagandization as an American citizen, can
see that the US has no claim to any moral high ground. You can feel free
to refute. Good luck.

The refutation is my statement above of Islamic extremist morality which
you have declined to attempt to refute. There is nothing left for me to
refute until you have said something. Got anything?

Stephen

Crime Plummets!!! Bob Crantz ASA 41 May 10th 07 03:22 PM
BOYCOTT TRINADAD Crime out of control Bart ASA 3 October 23rd 06 06:21 PM
Trinidad, in particular, and EC crime problems Skip Gundlach Cruising 3 August 25th 06 06:25 PM
OT--Charged with lying about a crime that wasn't committed? NOYB General 65 November 6th 05 07:03 AM
OT More RTC states, less crime Don White General 29 June 16th 04 02:48 PM