Default Mexico crime

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:01:49 -0800, Stephen Trapani wrote:

We have a morality driven mandate to bring democracy (democratic
governments have never warred against each other) to those countries
creating a great deal of trouble to their neighbors and the rest of the
world.

2 possibilities he
1. I missed the sarcasm.
2. You actually believe this.

if 1, you need to add emoticons to your text.
if 2, you need to pull your head out of your ass.

Nobody in the good ol' US of A should be pontificating about
the US occupying some sort of moral high ground in the world, unless of
course you were attempting to be sarcastic...in an attempt to be
funny...which was successful...then again if it was case #2, you'll find
the extraction process somewhat painful at first, but the view
-and the smell- improves rapidly...
HTH

Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 9, 11:19*pm, wrote:
On Jan 10, 8:42 am, Joe wrote:

On Jan 8, 12:11 am, Red wrote:

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt...=ap-d8tvsnt80&....
This article is about crime on the coast in northern Mexico against
Americans and other foreigners. Was wondering if the cruising grounds of
Mexico has any of these problems. Anyone been there that can shed a
little light?
Red

Mexico lives on it's tourist trade. You as a Gringo may get smaller
meals, crappy service, and be way over charge for everything. You will
have to pass out money to every person wearing a uniform but it's not
quite criminal, it the way things are done.

*Just visited Isla Mujeres, Cancun, and skirted the whole east coast.

*Fuel is cheap..but not even the Mexican customs will accept Mexican
Peso's, they want US greenbacks. Bring 20 copies of everything!!!!!!

Joe

Yes, the Mexicans have a strange way of doing things. *I have being
there several times but after all it's their country and since we took
half of it during the Mexican American war, they feel very particular
about the way we think we should have special treatment because we are
"AMERICANS".

Who's asking for special treatment? I just wanted to be treated like
every other tourist or person buying a meal in a resturant. I'm
polite, respectful and willing to pay cash. It was quite clear that
because you are Americans you get the special crappy service reserved
for Americans. And it's not like I snuck over the border and was
looking to take work away from any Mexican. It's not like I did not
pay port fees, immigration bribes, customs tarriffs and inflated
Gringo prices. For pleasure and spending dollars I'll go elsewhere
where there is not an attitude problem.

The best advice to visit Mexico by boat is do all your own cooking,
pay a local guide to buy everything for you. Or be willing to pay more
for less of everything.

*We took half their country, the same way Saddam Hussein
took Kuwait, the only difference is that there was no third country to
push us back! *Read our history.

Remember the Alamo...
http://www.thealamo.org/

Joe

Roger Long wrote:
"Marty" wrote
Unfortunately, little has changed, except maybe to expand the idea. Now
the US has a God-given mandate to "democratize" the planet.

You mean "democratize the parts with oil", do you not?

Well, that would hardly explain the US Foreign Policy in the Western
hemisphere for the past 150 years or so.

Cheers
Marty

--
Roger Long

Not as far as the Saudis are concerned...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
Who's asking for special treatment? I just wanted to be treated like
every other tourist or person buying a meal in a resturant. I'm
polite, respectful and willing to pay cash. It was quite clear that
because you are Americans you get the special crappy service reserved
for Americans. And it's not like I snuck over the border and was
looking to take work away from any Mexican. It's not like I did not
pay port fees, immigration bribes, customs tarriffs and inflated
Gringo prices. For pleasure and spending dollars I'll go elsewhere
where there is not an attitude problem.

Joe, I've never been treated as you describe and I've been going to Mex. for
30 years.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote:

Roger Long wrote:
"Marty" wrote
Unfortunately, little has changed, except maybe to expand the idea. Now
the US has a God-given mandate to "democratize" the planet.

You mean "democratize the parts with oil", do you not?

We have a morality driven mandate to bring democracy (democratic
governments have never warred against each other) to those countries
creating a great deal of trouble to their neighbors and the rest of the
world.

Stephen

That being the case, I guess sombody fell asleep at the wheel when the
Burmese people democratically elected a government, but the military
refused to relinquish control. It might even be there's some oil
there - (there used to be a "Burma Oil company" anyway!)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

mr.b wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:01:49 -0800, Stephen Trapani wrote:

We have a morality driven mandate to bring democracy (democratic
governments have never warred against each other) to those countries
creating a great deal of trouble to their neighbors and the rest of the
world.

2 possibilities he
1. I missed the sarcasm.
2. You actually believe this.

if 1, you need to add emoticons to your text.
if 2, you need to pull your head out of your ass.

Nobody in the good ol' US of A should be pontificating about
the US occupying some sort of moral high ground in the world, unless of
course you were attempting to be sarcastic...in an attempt to be
funny...which was successful...then again if it was case #2, you'll find
the extraction process somewhat painful at first, but the view
-and the smell- improves rapidly...

It's sad you can't recognize the obvious higher moral ground that the US
occupies, compared to Islamic extremists. Maybe you should learn a
little about some of these people.

Stephen

wrote:

Roger Long wrote:
"Marty" wrote
Unfortunately, little has changed, except maybe to expand the idea. Now
the US has a God-given mandate to "democratize" the planet.
You mean "democratize the parts with oil", do you not?

We have a morality driven mandate to bring democracy (democratic
governments have never warred against each other) to those countries
creating a great deal of trouble to their neighbors and the rest of the
world.

Stephen

That being the case, I guess sombody fell asleep at the wheel when the
Burmese people democratically elected a government, but the military
refused to relinquish control. It might even be there's some oil
there - (there used to be a "Burma Oil company" anyway!)

Has Burma been creating a great deal of trouble for their neighbors and
the rest of the world?

Stephen

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:27:08 -0800, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

///
[...]

Dunno. Let's see what the State Department says:

"Burma Activist Aung San Suu Kyi Turns 60 Under House Arrest

United States calls for world to press for end to political repression
in Burma
"The United States renewed its call to the international community to
end political repression in Burma as it noted that Burmese democracy
activist Aung San Suu Kyi is celebrating her 60th birthday under house
arrest.

"The appropriate way to honor Aung San Suu Kyi is by championing the
cause of all political prisoners, and by supporting the brave
democrats of Burma, who struggle daily in the cause of freedom," the
U.S. Department of State said in a press release issued June 16.

"Burma is the only country where a Nobel Laureate is under house
arrest for simply acting as a democratic leader," the release says.

Following is the text of the press release:

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Office of the Spokesman
June 16, 2005

/and so on/

Brian W

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:25:35 -0800, Stephen Trapani wrote:

It's sad you can't recognize the obvious higher moral ground that the US
occupies, compared to Islamic extremists. Maybe you should learn a little
about some of these people.

obvious? oh my you have drunk deep from the kool-aid haven't
you...perhaps you should spend a little less time watching "Fox News"
there fella

Crime Plummets!!! Bob Crantz ASA 41 May 10th 07 03:22 PM
BOYCOTT TRINADAD Crime out of control Bart ASA 3 October 23rd 06 06:21 PM
Trinidad, in particular, and EC crime problems Skip Gundlach Cruising 3 August 25th 06 06:25 PM
OT--Charged with lying about a crime that wasn't committed? NOYB General 65 November 6th 05 07:03 AM
OT More RTC states, less crime Don White General 29 June 16th 04 02:48 PM