Joe Joe is offline

Default Mexico crime

On Feb 9, 11:19*pm, wrote:
On Jan 10, 8:42 am, Joe wrote:

On Jan 8, 12:11 am, Red wrote:

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt...=ap-d8tvsnt80&....
This article is about crime on the coast in northern Mexico against
Americans and other foreigners. Was wondering if the cruising grounds of
Mexico has any of these problems. Anyone been there that can shed a
little light?
Red

Mexico lives on it's tourist trade. You as a Gringo may get smaller
meals, crappy service, and be way over charge for everything. You will
have to pass out money to every person wearing a uniform but it's not
quite criminal, it the way things are done.

*Just visited Isla Mujeres, Cancun, and skirted the whole east coast.

*Fuel is cheap..but not even the Mexican customs will accept Mexican
Peso's, they want US greenbacks. Bring 20 copies of everything!!!!!!

Joe

Yes, the Mexicans have a strange way of doing things. *I have being
there several times but after all it's their country and since we took
half of it during the Mexican American war, they feel very particular
about the way we think we should have special treatment because we are
"AMERICANS".

Who's asking for special treatment? I just wanted to be treated like
every other tourist or person buying a meal in a resturant. I'm
polite, respectful and willing to pay cash. It was quite clear that
because you are Americans you get the special crappy service reserved
for Americans. And it's not like I snuck over the border and was
looking to take work away from any Mexican. It's not like I did not
pay port fees, immigration bribes, customs tarriffs and inflated
Gringo prices. For pleasure and spending dollars I'll go elsewhere
where there is not an attitude problem.

The best advice to visit Mexico by boat is do all your own cooking,
pay a local guide to buy everything for you. Or be willing to pay more
for less of everything.

*We took half their country, the same way Saddam Hussein
took Kuwait, the only difference is that there was no third country to
push us back! *Read our history.

Remember the Alamo...
http://www.thealamo.org/

Joe