Sparky

Default Clever boat names

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:42:16 -0800, Peter Bennett
wrote:

I've always wanted to name my boat
"station calling" or "vessel calling"

Best one I ever saw was: Paid 4
Sparky

Growing old is compulsary.
Growing up is optional.
Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

I was going over my notes from the trip down this year and I saw a
sailboat named L'AIR in Bucksport (SC)

grandma Rosalie

"The Office" Docks next to me... "G for George"

|G|

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:57:44 GMT, L. M. Rappaport
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:34:16 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote (with possible editing):

Everytime someone asked me where I was going to go for the weekend, I would
answer. " I am going to the boat" . The name for my boat, a 27 foot Doral
Monticello, is "The Boat"

Jim Carter

Perhaps you should have named it "The Office".

Rick Itenson

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:49:13 -0500, DSK wrote:

I've always wanted to name my boat
"station calling" or "vessel calling"

Anybody ever try hailing a boat called "Quack" on the vhf?

Rick Itenson

Lee Huddleston

There was a boat sailing out of Maine called "Say Again." It caused
considerable problems on the radio. Cute, but might be deadly in case
of an emergency.

Also knew of a lawyer's boat named "The Courthouse." His secretary
would tell clients that he was not in because he was at the
courthouse.

Lee Huddleston
s/v Truelove

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

Rosalie B. wrote:
I saw a boat named WHIPPORWILL with a dinghy named TWHEE in Georgia

How about calling for a boat named UH OH II on the radio? Saw a power
boat with that name in the Alligator Pungo Canal.

TOTALLY WASTED is a name I'm not sure I like that I saw on another
power boat. I'm not sure about LAWMEN from Baltimore either. I liked
another trawler QUE PASA? better.

We met some newly retired folks whose boat was named GREAT ESCAPE.

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasley/id2.html

Boat fell off trailer bb General 31 January 27th 04 09:22 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 09:50 PM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM