BoatBanter.com

-   -   Clever boat names (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8967-clever-boat-names.html)

L. M. Rappaport February 9th 04 02:57 PM

Clever boat names

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:34:16 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote (with possible editing):

Everytime someone asked me where I was going to go for the weekend, I would
answer. " I am going to the boat" . The name for my boat, a 27 foot Doral
Monticello, is "The Boat"

Jim Carter

Perhaps you should have named it "The Office".

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Florida Keyz February 9th 04 03:52 PM

Clever boat names

seen on a transom on the okeechobee cannal

"Porta Party"

try and say that three times.

Florida Keyz February 9th 04 03:52 PM

Clever boat names

JimB February 10th 04 02:30 PM

Clever boat names

Keith wrote in message
** Clever Boat Names **

Kept afloat by an argumentative couple, both chemists:

'Surface Tension'

JimB
Yacht Rapaz, sadly for sale:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.bae...cification.htm
jim(dot)baerselman(at)ntlworld(dot)com

Brian Irvin February 11th 04 01:02 AM

Clever boat names

I have a 1968 Chris Craft named "Sporting a Woody" after the construction
material naturally!

")\\\
"Eric McNew" wrote in message
Case Pocket Knife VP "Case Closed"

In article , Keith
wrote:

** Clever Boat Names **

Brace Yourself (Owned by an Orthodontist)

Sir Osis of the River

Aqua Seltzer

Out to Launch

A lawyer's boat called ~ Watertight Alibi

Meals on Reels

The Merri Yot

and, from a landscape contractor,

Yard Buoy

Argonauta February 11th 04 04:08 AM

Clever boat names

As an Electrical Engineer, I always wanted to name a boat CMOS
(pronounced Sea Moss) for Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor, a
popular semiconductor technology. Most would agree, it is a bit too
obscure and would likely never get pronounced correctly -- save for the
occasional electronics enthusiast.

Ante Topic Mimara February 11th 04 02:39 PM

Clever boat names

Argonauta writes:

As an Electrical Engineer, I always wanted to name a boat
CMOS (pronounced Sea Moss) for Complimentary Metal Oxide
Semiconductor, a popular semiconductor technology. Most
would agree, it is a bit too obscure and would likely never
get pronounced correctly -- save for the occasional
electronics enthusiast.

Oh my this *is* clever. Why do you then not name your boat "Sea
Moss" but superimpose that name over the letters "C M O S" on
the stern of the boat, or intertwine the letters C, M, O, & S
into the full name. With the help of a talented graphic artist,
you could arrive at a pleasing graphic to place on the boat.

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.