BoatBanter.com

-   -   Clever boat names (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8967-clever-boat-names.html)

Keith February 3rd 04 01:36 PM

Clever boat names

** Clever Boat Names **

Brace Yourself (Owned by an Orthodontist)

Sir Osis of the River

Aqua Seltzer

Out to Launch

A lawyer's boat called ~ Watertight Alibi

Meals on Reels

The Merri Yot

and, from a landscape contractor,

Yard Buoy

--

Keith
__

H. M. Leary February 5th 04 02:41 PM

Clever boat names

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:36:18 -0600, "Keith"
wrote:

My own little flat bottom fishing boat: Row vs. Wade

BB

** Clever Boat Names **

snip

In Annapolis Harbor one Memorial Day
The Blue Angels were at the Academy

140 foot all grey yacht: Mega Bucs, Philadelphia

Enough said!

--
"Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness"

Bob Gough February 5th 04 09:36 PM

Clever boat names

"Keith" wrote in message ...
** Clever Boat Names **

snip

My aunt and uncle, both musicians, owned a boat. She is a clarinetist (a
B-flat instrument) and he plays the trombone (a C instrument). What did
they name the boat?

"Sea Be Flat"

Bob

Mark Reichow February 6th 04 01:04 AM

Clever boat names

My 10' Caribe inflatable... Tender Behind

Mark Reichow February 6th 04 01:04 AM

Clever boat names

My 10' Caribe inflatable... Tender Behind

Larry W4CSC February 6th 04 02:54 AM

Clever boat names

My Sea Rayder jetboat is called:

TESS TICKLES TOO

Hey, the girls think it's clever.....(c;

Does anything else matter?

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

Rosalie B. February 6th 04 01:48 PM

Clever boat names

x-no-archive:yes

The first boat we chartered was WHISPER. The dinghy was SHOUT

There's a boat named BANDERSNATCH and the dinghy is WHITE RABBIT

DUNFLYIN belonging to a retired pilot.

DOLPHIN belonging to a retired submariner

The boat next to us in the marina here is TUFF BABY - made like an
Alaska fishing boat with aluminum topsides

Other boats seen on the ICW

Canadian boats LUNATIC FRINGE and LOONIE BIN

LORD'S PRAYER (which I assume must belong to a minister or something)

Houseboat named BOAT HOUSE

A shrimp boat towing a barge named STRUGGLER

Two sailing school boats named BEGINNER'S LUCK and STUDENT DRIVER

A sailboat named REAL QUIET which was a name I considered.

A LARGE power boat in Lake Worth named WHO CARES?

A small sailboat with no motor named A QUESTION OF BALANCE

OUR TERN with the T in the shape of a bird

Two that I thought were not particularly clever or funny were WET
DREAMS and SHIP FACED.

A large power boat named SWALLOW which I said looked more like a
bustard than a swallow.

There was a horse named EXPENSIVE TOY which I think might be a good
name for a boat.

grandma Rosalie

L. M. Rappaport February 6th 04 02:42 PM

Clever boat names

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:48:08 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote (with possible editing):

x-no-archive:yes

....snip
There was a horse named EXPENSIVE TOY which I think might be a good
name for a boat.

Years ago in the slip adjoining ours was a nice cruiser named "Money
Pit".

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

John February 6th 04 04:10 PM

Clever boat names

The one that has always stuck in my memory.

On Lake Geneva in WI, a very large expensive 'cigarette style' with a very
large rumbling engine.

On the transom "Poverty Sucks".

Jim Hollenback February 6th 04 06:10 PM

Clever boat names

Keith ) wrote:
: ** Clever Boat Names **

a name only a geek could love ... /dev/boat

--
Jim Hollenback

my opinion.

engsol February 6th 04 09:45 PM

Clever boat names

On 6 Feb 2004 11:10:21 -0700, (Jim Hollenback) wrote:

Keith ) wrote:
: ** Clever Boat Names **

a name only a geek could love ... /dev/boat

Or Sea Plus Plus, named by a retired programmer. Wonder if the dingy is named
C Sharp, or some such.
Norm

Daniel E. Best February 6th 04 10:00 PM

Clever boat names

I always wanter to name a boat "Loose Pointer"

- Dan

Keith ) wrote:
: ** Clever Boat Names **

a name only a geek could love ... /dev/boat

Or Sea Plus Plus, named by a retired programmer. Wonder if the dingy is named
C Sharp, or some such.
Norm

--
Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979

Skip Gundlach February 6th 04 10:19 PM

Clever boat names

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:32:41 GMT, said:

I forgot to mention the name of my dinghy

Still shopping for mine, but my vessel is Good Fortune, and I figure I'll
call the dinghy "Small Fortune."

I never did name it, other than in conversation, but I had a runabout which
was forever in some sort of mechanical distress. Despite repeated
experiences at our church's annual boat blessings (one year I only could
bring the seats!), it spent more time not being used than otherwise.

I called her Miss Fortune...

L8R

Skip

--
"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are

Larry W4CSC February 6th 04 11:34 PM

Clever boat names

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:32:41 GMT, wrote:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:42 GMT,
(Larry W4CSC) wrote:

wrote:

My own little flat bottom fishing boat: Row vs. Wade

BB

I love it!....(c;

I forgot to mention the name of my dinghy, which you may enjoy:

Plan "B"

BB

I was sorta leaning towards "Row vs Wade" for my 9.4'
Watertender....(c;

Larry W4CSC February 6th 04 11:34 PM

Clever boat names

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:32:41 GMT, wrote:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:42 GMT,

Maynard G. Krebbs February 7th 04 01:00 AM

Clever boat names

On 5 Feb 2004 17:04:59 -0800, (Mark Reichow)
wrote:

My 10' Caribe inflatable... Tender Behind

When I get her I'm going to name my boat "Phoebe", if she likes it.
Mark E. Williams

Rosalie B. February 7th 04 03:51 AM

Clever boat names

x-no-archive:yes

(Larry W4CSC) wrote:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:32:41 GMT,
wrote:
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:42 GMT,
(Larry W4CSC) wrote:
wrote:

My own little flat bottom fishing boat: Row vs. Wade

I forgot to mention the name of my dinghy, which you may enjoy:

Plan "B"

I was sorta leaning towards "Row vs Wade" for my 9.4'
Watertender....(c;

I saw a boat named WHIPPORWILL with a dinghy named TWHEE in Georgia

grandma Rosalie

Rosalie B. February 7th 04 03:51 AM

Clever boat names

x-no-archive:yes

(Larry W4CSC) wrote:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:32:41 GMT,
wrote:
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:42 GMT,

Matt Bartley February 7th 04 04:44 AM

Clever boat names

Around Newport Beach, CA electrically-powered harbor cruising boats
called Duffys are popular. Some of their names that come to mind:

Ohm Run
Watts Up
Duff Buster
Shock it to Me
Ohmnipotent
Unplugged

JFTeig February 7th 04 06:42 AM

Clever boat names

On the great lakes there was a racer with a sailboat named FUJIMO but I aint
saying why it was named that way :-)

Rumor has it that his former wife was named Jane...........

JFTeig February 7th 04 06:42 AM

Clever boat names

Keith February 7th 04 12:39 PM

Clever boat names

How about

C:/Escape

--

Keith
__

Shiver Me Timbers February 7th 04 06:07 PM

Clever boat names

Has anyone seen pix of the boat and tender named.....

Knot Paid For Paid For