Rosalie B.

Default Brand new Beneteau 57 stolen from Charleston FOUND!

x-no-archive:yes

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Interesting. Why is City Marina so empty? I thought the city was
planning a major addition.

I think it was Running Mon in the Bahamas that was empty not the one
in Charleston.

The question is more why didn't all the boaters in City Marina notice
the boat being stolen. A good reason to have more live-aboards who
would be noticing such things.

grandma Rosalie
J.Slater

Microscum's explorer is a very unsecure browser. You simply can't shut all
the bad stuff off and have it still be functional. I've also switched to
Mozilla and have found the browsing is so much more like it should be.

BTW, I tried Microscum's explorer to go to the link and found that if you
hit the "stop" command just right it won't load the sign up page and you can
read the article in it's entirety without rude interruption.

"Steve" wrote in message
Can't read that news link without signing up..

As much as I would like to read more, I don't what it that bad..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Larry W4CSC

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:01:06 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

Interesting. Why is City Marina so empty? I thought the city was
planning a major addition.

The greedy Beach Company is one problem. The other problem is some
idiot built SEAWALLS around the City Marina. 1/2 the marina now is a
mud-pit at low tide. Many boats have their underwater fittings
plugged with mud, twice a day.

How stupid......

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

Larry W4CSC

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:44:12 -0400, "Ken Heaton"
wrote:

I think you misread that Glenn, I believe it was Running Mon Marina that had
only two boats in it.

Yeah, Running Mon is "closed for renovation", which usually is
translated into "bankrupt"....(c;

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

Jere Lull

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

The question is more why didn't all the boaters in City Marina notice
the boat being stolen. A good reason to have more live-aboards who
would be noticing such things.

grandma Rosalie

That's not too tough to figure, since most boats are ridiculously easy
to break into. Wouldn't be surprised if the owners weren't known by the
rest of the dock, and it could have been done late at night.

My questions a why take it in the first place, and why take it to the
Bahamas? You're not going to be able to use a brand new 57' anything
very long. They get noticed. Can't clear in or out without papers; can't
do much more than they did and they'll likely have some explaining to do
to get out of the Bahamas.

Joy ride? Drugs? Smuggling?

--
Jere Lull