Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old November 20th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 162
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:05:19 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok quoted a moron:
snip

please do not feed the troll
killfile,
then move on

fair winds


  #12   Report Post  
Old November 20th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 834
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Some people actually waste their time with you via e-mail? Man, that is
really sad.


Does no one else see the irony in these words? ;-o

Cheers
Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------
For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption
upgrade to SurgeFTP
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgeftp.htm ----
  #13   Report Post  
Old November 21st 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,239
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

On 2007-11-20 08:00:58 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Some people actually waste their time with you via e-mail? Man, that
is really sad.


Does no one else see the irony in these words? ;-o


Yes, and we're ignoring the troll ;-)

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD
Xan's pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/
Our BVI trips & tips: http://homepage.mac.com/jerelull/BVI/

  #14   Report Post  
Old November 21st 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Aug 2007
Posts: 43
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

Our poor brother Hubbard, alas still tied to his dock
with only a sailor named Skip trying sadly to mock.

He blusters as if he's such a great sailor, but in truth he's really
just a magnificent wailer

He eludes to many a woman, which upon their first meeting,
probably are swimin for shore (not to far from the dock) before the
cockpit seating. .

So we ignore his lowly sass, cause we all know he's simply an ass
trying to establish a modicum of class.

Those of us who know the Skip, admire his zest, and
even though we're exposed to the venom of Hubbard

see clearly thru the envy caused by his misguided quest ,
cause deep down inside he really truly knows Skip (compared to him) is
really his best!
  #15   Report Post  
Old November 21st 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 834
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

Jere Lull wrote:
On 2007-11-20 08:00:58 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Some people actually waste their time with you via e-mail? Man, that
is really sad.


Does no one else see the irony in these words? ;-o


Yes, and we're ignoring the troll ;-)



Ok, but you must he admit he does provide a certain entertainment value,
sort of like watching the antics of the village idiot.

Cheers
Marty


  #17   Report Post  
Old November 21st 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 834
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

Paul Cassel wrote:
Martin Baxter wrote:



Ok, but you must he admit he does provide a certain entertainment
value, sort of like watching the antics of the village idiot.


I enjoy his posts. He's the Usenet equivalent of the House character on TV.


Yeah, except House is intelligent, Neal is rather dull, House is witty,
Neal is merely vulgar, women want to sleep with House, women want to run
from Neal,,,, other than a few other little things they're identical! ;-0

Cheers
Marty

-paul

  #18   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,239
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

On 2007-11-21 08:11:00 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

Jere Lull wrote:
On 2007-11-20 08:00:58 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Some people actually waste their time with you via e-mail? Man, that is
really sad.

Does no one else see the irony in these words? ;-o


Yes, and we're ignoring the troll ;-)


Ok, but you must he admit he does provide a certain entertainment
value, sort of like watching the antics of the village idiot.


He used to be somewhat entertaining because of a kernel of truth he
maintained....

But he's descended into *being* the village idiot, not just playing one.

A total disconnect with reality isn't entertaining.

Time for Neal to establish another persona, as "Wilber" has run his course.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD
Xan's pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/
Our BVI trips & tips: http://homepage.mac.com/jerelull/BVI/

  #19   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Nov 2007
Posts: 191
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:29:42 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

On 2007-11-21 08:11:00 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

Jere Lull wrote:
On 2007-11-20 08:00:58 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Some people actually waste their time with you via e-mail? Man, that is
really sad.

Does no one else see the irony in these words? ;-o

Yes, and we're ignoring the troll ;-)


Ok, but you must he admit he does provide a certain entertainment
value, sort of like watching the antics of the village idiot.


He used to be somewhat entertaining because of a kernel of truth he
maintained....

But he's descended into *being* the village idiot, not just playing one.

A total disconnect with reality isn't entertaining.

Time for Neal to establish another persona, as "Wilber" has run his course.



His web site has been removed also. whether by design, failure to pay
fees or because of content is not stated.


Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)
  #20   Report Post  
Old November 22nd 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 244
Default Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately

Martin Baxter wrote:



Ok, but you must he admit he does provide a certain entertainment value,
sort of like watching the antics of the village idiot.


I enjoy his posts. He's the Usenet equivalent of the House character on TV.

-paul


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skip, Lydia and Captain Joshua Slocum NE Sailboat Cruising 19 August 22nd 07 04:12 AM
Can we nominate Skip and Lydia for this? Ernest Scribbler Cruising 3 February 16th 07 12:39 AM
Skip & Lydia damage assessment steve_hayes_maine Cruising 0 February 15th 07 03:37 PM
Fwd: Subject: [TheDingyDock] Skip and Lydia Gundlach need help Len Cruising 26 February 8th 07 09:02 PM
Fwd: Subject: [TheDingyDock] Skip and Lydia Gundlach need help Len Electronics 1 February 8th 07 12:57 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017