BoatBanter.com

-   -   Best East Coast Summer Cruising Grounds (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8758-best-east-coast-summer-cruising-grounds.html)

Rodney Myrvaagnes January 20th 04 06:26 AM

Best East Coast Summer Cruising Grounds

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:23:50 -0400, "Ken Heaton"
wrote:

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Buzzards Bay and the Cape and Islands are great, but they're not exactly
"primitive." snipped bit was here

Frankly, its sounds to me like Maine is what you're after. Just don't

plan on
swimming.

Or you could come a little further north to Cape Breton and cruise the Bras
d'Or. Fog is almost unknown and you CAN plan on swimming. Always some
other yachts around but never crowded. Lots of public land and most private
land owners don't mind anyway. Lots to see & do. I like it, that why I
live here.

A site by a fellow rec.boats.cruising poster:
http://www.jimthompson.net/brasdor/
A small charter company: http://www.alongshore.com/cblake/about.htm

Not a bad suggestion if there is a charter available there. A very
relaxed, sheltered place. THe emotional experience is completely
different from the outside coast, of either Maine or Nova Scotia.

You could spend a week in Bras d'Or without a single
sphincter-tightening event. Lots of Eagles.

Still, if I had to choose only one, it would be Maine in September.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"WooWooism lives" Anon grafitto on the base of the Cuttyhunk breakwater light