You You is offline

Default October 26 - What A Drag!

In article ,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

Wow.. that brings up memories... I couldn't get enough of Sky King.

However, now that I think about it, I used to watch Diver Dan before Sea
Hunt.

How many remember "WhirliBirds".........

wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:07:50 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Wow.. that brings up memories... I couldn't get enough of Sky King.

However, now that I think about it, I used to watch Diver Dan before Sea
Hunt.

http://www.rogersbasement.com/DiverDan.htm

It originally aired in the mid-60s... thanks for the website.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

You wrote:

In article ,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

Wow.. that brings up memories... I couldn't get enough of Sky King.

However, now that I think about it, I used to watch Diver Dan before Sea
Hunt.

How many remember "WhirliBirds".........

I was waiting for that one!

It ran during my parents bowling nights, so I watched it at the bowling
alley.

Richard

wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:36:10 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Wow.. that brings up memories... I couldn't get enough of Sky King.

However, now that I think about it, I used to watch Diver Dan before Sea
Hunt.

http://www.rogersbasement.com/DiverDan.htm

It originally aired in the mid-60s... thanks for the website.

Trigger Fish: Uh, what do we do now, Boss?
Baron Barracuda: Not "Boss"! "Baron", you idiot!
Trigger Fish: What do we do now, Baron-you-idiot?

Heh..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:36:10 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

First aired in 1961. It wasn't really a complete show. It was a series of
7
minute shorts that were aired on various other kiddy shows, same as
cartoons.
There is even a youtube of an episode at the bottom of that page.

When I hear Sky King mentioned, all I can think of is his cute niece
Penny, his
plane, Songbird, and FIG NEWTONS! lol

In the late forties, there was Sgt Preston of the Mounties and his dog King.
At that time there was another program that was the Adventures of the Sea
Hound or something like that. The schooner was named the Sea Hound and they
carried lots of toys and one was an airplane called the Air Hound.

Probably giving away my age now.

Leanne

wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:49:55 -0400, "Leanne" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

It was "Sargent Preston of the YUKON". Now I'm showing my age! LOL

I stand corrected as I should have known that. Now what about the Sea
Hound??

Leanne

wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:49:55 -0400, "Leanne" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Hah... well, you're both older than me, but not by much!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jim Jim is offline

Rosalie B. wrote:
Dave wrote:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:42:32 -0700, Bob said:

Ya, its amazing how that old TV stuff is stuck in my brain.

Aw, you young whippersnappers with your TV.

Let's hear it for Straight Arrow, The Shadow and the Green Hornet.

And the Fat Man, Suspense, and the Lone Ranger. My mom wouldn't let
me listen to any of them except the Lone Ranger. :-(

We could listen to Ozzie and Harriet, the Aldridge Family,
Gildersleeve, Fibber McGee and Molly and Amos and Andy.

I didn't watch TV much until after I graduated college and had
children. We didn't have a TV when we were first married (1959).

I remember Sea Hunt, but probably not like you guys do, and I also
remember Sky King. I don't think I watched either of them much. I
did watch Flipper - we had two kids by then. I also watched Captain
Kangaroo.

And Captain Video with Tobar his robot! (circa 1950)

Why it's a drag to be Bobsprit Wilbur Hubbard ASA 5 July 12th 07 09:12 PM
Drag? [email protected] General 1 August 26th 06 11:54 AM
Drag devices !Jones General 13 June 29th 06 02:00 PM
Bow thruster drag Tamaroak Cruising 11 February 22nd 06 09:59 AM
Think you need a 30K SUV to drag your boat around? JR North General 0 September 26th 05 05:41 AM