Joe Joe is offline

Default Thanks Fedex you're Swift

Speaking of safety equip my Viking RescYou 6 man offshore just
arrived.

Since liferafts require special handling and ground transport Fedex
might seem the best way to ship if you look at cost....and they claim
to move ground freight fast.

But in all this speed Fedex managed to cause the canister to come out
of the shipping carton. The canistar band & seal busted as designed
voiding current certification, the raft pkg spilled out of the
canister on concrete no doubt, the foil vaccume bag was ripped..I bet
it hissed like a snake scaring them.

Here's the good part...... Fed-ex was nice enough to gather up the
inflate painter that was only half deployed, wad it all up, stuff it
back in the container with the safety inspection seal, stomp & smash
it down real good, slide it carefully back into the box, tape it up
all nice and purdy, dust it off ....and not say ONE F&%*ING word to
anyone. That's people who care.... in action!

Thanks Fedex you got it here in time!!!!.

Joe

might seem the best way to ship if you look at cost....and

they claim
[...]

Joe- Hide quoted text -

Fedex says

"I'm sorry sir, but the shipper has to file the claim."
"I must arrange for pickup of the item so we can start the process"

I'm not the shipper, I'm the buyer. And it took me 6 mo to find this
one at a good price, and she thinks I'm going to hand it over....yeah
right.

So I will go ahead and take it in and have it re-certified and packed
on the sellers dime. They picked Chris to box it and ship it in a
flimsy cardboard box.

What bugs me is fedex knew what they did and cared less. And if I do
not adhere to their rules and process the insurance claim will most
likely not be paid.

That's my rant...oh well...every cloud has a silver lining .... the
bright side is I can watch it get re-packed..toss in a few goodies..
and have a certificate that will be good for another year.

Joe

Swift River, Ma. snowyguy Whitewater 1 August 31st 07 11:47 PM
One for the not so swift among us- SamJenson General 180 October 3rd 06 11:23 AM
Swift 18 norms General 2 August 18th 05 08:31 PM
"Swift Vet" Unreliability Explained John Deere ASA 3 August 23rd 04 11:10 PM
Swift Boat Liars jps General 148 August 13th 04 06:24 PM