Default Is color of the genset important?

Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation industry
as
an analyst. What I observed was that a lot of people are getting
influnced by the color of the generator. To find out how color of the
genset is related to the brand of the company, I have created a study
which is available on the following link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226WZ6QKTDV

I invite all who are interested in generators to participate in this
study. You can help me make my study better.

Cheers to all!!!

Mayank

"MMC" wrote in message
I'd guess it would be female "yachtspersons" buying gensets based on
color? Or maybe this would be one of those very rare instances where the
term "gender confused" can be used?
"Gee honey, I bought the red one, because it matched my new favorite
shoes!"

Can't be any sillier than, "Gee, honey, I bought this one because the
saleswoman had the biggest tits." ;-)

mayankbhargava wrote in
oups.com:

You can help me make my study better.

Obviously, gensets painted green mean they are green, which makes
Algore real happy. Blue gensets, of course, must be special
"marine" units, being the same color as the water in Tortola.
RED gensets, obviously, are to be avoided as are yellow and
orange because they clash with the blue main engine color scheme.

I'm sorta partial to haze grey, myself. I like this one:
http://www.nucleartourist.com/systems/diesel1.htm
I'll provide plenty of power to meet "boater demands" on the
hook, but we're having trouble finding a suitable mounting
location in a 41' ketch. I think what we could do is barge mount
it in the middle of the mooring field on its own mooring, then
rent "barge space" to tie up the neighbors to it, complete with
all the power you want, instead of everyone mooring out with
flashlights in the heat.

Notice it has a green base, indicating it uses little fuel and
makes no pollution.

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

Can't be any sillier than, "Gee, honey, I bought this one because

the
saleswoman had the biggest tits." ;-)

Hey, watch it! My captain buys some really neat stuff at boatshows
from those tits!

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 12, 7:17 am, mayankbhargava wrote:
Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation industry
as
an analyst. What I observed was that a lot of people are getting
influnced by the color of the generator. To find out how color of the
genset is related to the brand of the company, I have created a study
which is available on the following link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226WZ6QKTDV

I invite all who are interested in generators to participate in this
study. You can help me make my study better.

Cheers to all!!!

Mayank

You wan't to improve the generator industry focus on durability,
realibility, easy to service, cheap easy to get parts and filters. If
you care about paint colors I want the color that sticks best, will
not fade, is hard to chip, tough as nails, resistant to fuels, and
cheap. That's the color I want.

You are putting the cart before the horse IMO. People associate gen-
set colors after they know how good they are, not the other way
around.

Joe

Bob Bob is offline

On Oct 12, 5:17 am, mayankbhargava wrote:
Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation industry
as
an analyst.

Mayank

Hey there,

Lets see, I teach an upperdivsion Interviewing: Stratigies & Skills
course among other stuff for the past 16 years.

I took your survey and who ever crafted the questions need to revise
them for any valid info. Several questions have violated rule number
one........ Pelople dont always do as they say they do. that a big
problme with SRQ data , (self report questions) Q: 6,7,9,10 are good
examples of this. I doubte anyone will cop to "...Yup, im an idiot
cause I buy gen set cause they look purdy...." Q 11 is on the right
track and Q 15-18 are also usefull. But please never ask someone, "are
you a pervert" and expect to get a truthfull respnse.

Most of your 5 point Likert Scales work but........... again its all
about how you craft the question.

Bob

In article ,
KLC Lewis wrote:

"MMC" wrote in message
.. .
I'd guess it would be female "yachtspersons" buying gensets based on
color? Or maybe this would be one of those very rare instances where the
term "gender confused" can be used?
"Gee honey, I bought the red one, because it matched my new favorite
shoes!"

Can't be any sillier than, "Gee, honey, I bought this one because the
saleswoman had the biggest tits." ;-)

What's your point?

On Oct 12, 8:17 am, mayankbhargava wrote:
Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation industry
as
an analyst. What I observed was that a lot of people are getting
influnced by the color of the generator. To find out how color of the
genset is related to the brand of the company, I have created a study
which is available on the following link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226WZ6QKTDV

I invite all who are interested in generators to participate in this
study. You can help me make my study better.

Cheers to all!!!

Mayank

I want the color that Larry has on HIS boat! Nothing else will do!

Bob Bob is offline

On Oct 12, 5:17 am, mayankbhargava wrote:
Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation industry

AUX and gen sets come in two colors:

Detroit green
Cat yellow
Anything else is pansie pink for all I care....................

So who the hell buys a generator cause its got a purdy color???

bob

" wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation

industry
as
an analyst. What I observed was that a lot of people are

getting
influnced by the color of the generator. To find out how color

of the
genset is related to the brand of the company, I have created

a study
which is available on the following link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226WZ6QKTDV

I invite all who are interested in generators to participate

in this
study. You can help me make my study better.

Cheers to all!!!

Mayank

I want the color that Larry has on HIS boat! Nothing else will

do!

Sure solves that old problem of not having enough power to run
the air conditioner on the hook....(c;

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.

Is color of generator important? mayankbhargava General 0 October 12th 07 01:18 PM
Is color of generator important? mayankbhargava General 0 October 12th 07 01:16 PM
Genset Noise Alex Boat Building 1 March 7th 06 10:05 PM
genset greta General 0 April 23rd 04 04:11 AM
Westerbeke genset question C. Sadler Electronics 4 March 27th 04 02:13 AM