Larry Larry is offline

Default Is color of the genset important?

mayankbhargava wrote in
oups.com:

You can help me make my study better.

Obviously, gensets painted green mean they are green, which makes
Algore real happy. Blue gensets, of course, must be special
"marine" units, being the same color as the water in Tortola.
RED gensets, obviously, are to be avoided as are yellow and
orange because they clash with the blue main engine color scheme.

I'm sorta partial to haze grey, myself. I like this one:
http://www.nucleartourist.com/systems/diesel1.htm
I'll provide plenty of power to meet "boater demands" on the
hook, but we're having trouble finding a suitable mounting
location in a 41' ketch. I think what we could do is barge mount
it in the middle of the mooring field on its own mooring, then
rent "barge space" to tie up the neighbors to it, complete with
all the power you want, instead of everyone mooring out with
flashlights in the heat.

Notice it has a green base, indicating it uses little fuel and
makes no pollution.

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely