Default MooR FasT, does it really work?

Hi there,
I've come across this post:
http://gadgetsailinginspector.blogsp...moor-fast.html

"If you've ever cursed at your crewmen, your wife or even yourself for
not being able to hook a line at a mooring buoy, marina cleat, pile
mooring, etc, then you need this very ingenious gadget.
MooR FasT® threads a rope through a buoy ring or marina cleat up to 2
metres away from the safety of your deck and brings it back on board.
It will even scoop up rings and shackles that lie flat."

Q1:
Has anyone used this device?

Q2:
Does it really work?

Thanks.

On Oct 8, 5:11 pm, nautiK wrote:
Hi there,
I've come across this post:http://gadgetsailinginspector.blogsp...moor-fast.html

"If you've ever cursed at your crewmen, your wife or even yourself for
not being able to hook a line at a mooring buoy, marina cleat, pile
mooring, etc, then you need this very ingenious gadget.
MooR FasT® threads a rope through a buoy ring or marina cleat up to 2
metres away from the safety of your deck and brings it back on board.
It will even scoop up rings and shackles that lie flat."

Q1:
Has anyone used this device?

Q2:
Does it really work?

Thanks.

Looks like a solution to a non-problem but I rarely use mooring buoys
so maybe I am unaware of some problem there.

Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 8, 4:11 pm, nautiK wrote:
Hi there,
I've come across this post:http://gadgetsailinginspector.blogsp...moor-fast.html

"If you've ever cursed at your crewmen, your wife or even yourself for
not being able to hook a line at a mooring buoy, marina cleat, pile
mooring, etc, then you need this very ingenious gadget.
MooR FasT® threads a rope through a buoy ring or marina cleat up to 2
metres away from the safety of your deck and brings it back on board.
It will even scoop up rings and shackles that lie flat."

Q1:
Has anyone used this device?

Q2:
Does it really work?

Thanks.

Looks like cheap tupperware to me, locker junk at best.

Buddy had one and it shattered first time he used it. Got a free
replacement and the lock tip fell off in the water when he was
docking...you should see the scratch in his gel-coat...he uses the
pole as a frog gig now and threw away the useless tip.

I'd buy a boat hook and learn how to use it.

Good luck.

Joe

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:11:36 -0000, nautiK
wrote:

Hi there,
I've come across this post:
http://gadgetsailinginspector.blogsp...moor-fast.html

"If you've ever cursed at your crewmen, your wife or even yourself for
not being able to hook a line at a mooring buoy, marina cleat, pile
mooring, etc, then you need this very ingenious gadget.
MooR FasT® threads a rope through a buoy ring or marina cleat up to 2
metres away from the safety of your deck and brings it back on board.
It will even scoop up rings and shackles that lie flat."

Q1:
Has anyone used this device?

Q2:
Does it really work?

Thanks.

A guy in the next slip to me had one and said it worked fine. He
bought it because many buoys in Europe apparently do not have a
mooring line, just a ring on the top.

From the looks of the thing he had it for a year or more, stored in
clips on one shroud.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

wrote:

Hi there,
I've come across this post:
http://gadgetsailinginspector.blogsp...moor-fast.html

"If you've ever cursed at your crewmen, your wife or even yourself for
not being able to hook a line at a mooring buoy, marina cleat, pile
mooring, etc, then you need this very ingenious gadget.
MooR FasT® threads a rope through a buoy ring or marina cleat up to 2
metres away from the safety of your deck and brings it back on board.
It will even scoop up rings and shackles that lie flat."

Q1:
Has anyone used this device?

Q2:
Does it really work?

I have used something similar to this. It was not very effective. It
just pushed the ring on the mooring ball out of the way. Just hook
the ring with a boat hook - much simpler.

Jack

wrote:

[...]

Really? Wow... the mooring balls around here are pretty hefty... not much
chance of moving one with a boat hook.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:31:41 GMT, Harlan Lachman
wrote:

If you look at the website, it should be clear that a boathook can do
the same job but with much more effort (assuming the MooR FasT works).

I never understand why some folks decry innovative folks who develop
clever solutions for problems that make things easier. Yes, traditional
equipment can get the job done. But obviously not easily for everyone.

I have nothing against innovation. I remember when Loran was what you
used, or a sextant. GPS, sonar, and radar are all great. So are nylon,
dacron and fiberglass.
I figured that you have to carry a boathook in any case. The equipment
you don't have is the most reliable. I asked if it would serve, if you
wanted to keep it cheap, light weight, and simple, rather than as easy
as possible. If the boathook worked OK for me I wouldn't get another
gadget. Too easy to accumulate too much stuff. That is the real reason
people tend to keep trading up. When the junk fills it to capacity,
get a bigger boat.

Casady

Fast! Martin Baxter ASA 0 December 20th 06 02:20 PM
Giant electromagnets to moor ships Gary General 1 April 30th 05 06:37 AM
Flying Bahamian Moor Bart Senior ASA 7 July 9th 04 07:18 PM
Ok to anchor/moor in a river? Scott Downey General 10 October 17th 03 03:45 AM