Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default 27 Foot Boats

My wife and I have had a 30 year old swing keel Catalina 22 for five
years.We just spent four weeks sailing it from Port Townsend WA, where
we live, to Princess Louisa Inlet. The boat handled everything fine,
but we are beginning to think we want something a bit bigger if we are
going to do more of the same and perhaps go further north.

We have been so pleased with the C22 that we are starting to look for
a C27 in the $10,000-12,000 range. However I recall reading somewhere
that the old C27s didn't sail too well and the Catalina 270,
introduced in 1994, was a big improvement - though that is probably
outside our price range.

We need a boat with headroom around 6 ft, and easily singlehanded as I
can't always persuade the first mate to come.

Does anyone have any comments on the C27, or alternative boats of this
size ?

Thanks in advance

Richard Isherwood

25 foot umiak Two meter troll General 0 June 13th 07 11:33 PM
foot in mouth Capt. JG ASA 6 April 16th 07 06:24 AM
Expense per foot mscres Boat Building 8 December 18th 06 02:40 PM
30 to 35-foot boats, days used? Jim Cate ASA 159 April 13th 04 12:28 PM
FS: 7 foot oars in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 February 27th 04 03:22 AM