Default Belt replacement

How tough is it to replace the alternator belt on my Merc I/O. It looked
simple but then I realized it was impossible to get ytuhen new belt
around the main pulley.
Thanks
ds

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:53:04 -0400, "D.Smyth" wrote:

How tough is it to replace the alternator belt on my Merc I/O. It looked
simple but then I realized it was impossible to get the new belt
around the main pulley.
Thanks
ds

It should not be too tough if you use somebody who doesn't
think its impossible?

Brian W

"D.Smyth" wrote.
How tough is it to replace the alternator belt on my Merc I/O.

Mentioning what model Merc I/O you have might get you more meaningful

It looked simple but then I realized it was impossible to get ytuhen new
belt around the main pulley.

My 165 required that the front motor mount be partially removed to relpace
the belt.

"D.Smyth" wrote
Managed to get it done, removing the spacer and jacking the engine back
into position with a bottle jack. It seems to be a convoluted design.
You'd think they'd make it simpler.

I stuck a spare belt behind the mount while I had it apart, to make the next
swap easier.
http://users.adelphia.net/~blizzard3...ges/mmbelt.jpg

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:43:53 -0400, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

"D.Smyth" wrote
Managed to get it done, removing the spacer and jacking the engine back
into position with a bottle jack. It seems to be a convoluted design.
You'd think they'd make it simpler.

I stuck a spare belt behind the mount while I had it apart, to make the next
swap easier.
http://users.adelphia.net/~blizzard3...ges/mmbelt.jpg

Interesting idea, thanks for sharing the picture.

Tow belt problems [email protected] UK Paddle 4 November 24th 05 12:53 PM
What happens when a belt breaks? David Pendleton General 9 August 2nd 04 11:27 PM
Alternator Belt Sizing Wayne.B General 6 July 23rd 04 04:48 PM
Alternator belt Joe Blizzard General 2 March 24th 04 02:18 PM
My alt. belt breaks alot Help please Wildest Dream General 25 October 15th 03 10:09 PM