Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Survey question

So I'm reading the survey for one of the boats that I'm looking at.
It's a Catalina 36 = 1984 model

Moored in fresh water now, but has been in salt water.

Under Surveyer's Recommendations are a list of items that needed attention.

It's not a long list but there is one item (C rated) that I'm
kinda concerned about.

It says "All items aloft (spars, rigging, fittings, hardware, etc)
should be visually inspected for condition by a qualified/experienced
yacht rigger or equivelent".

Is this normal for a professional survey?

And, like everything else on the list it it maked off, "done".

But I don't yet know who the equivelent was.

So I'm a little curious here.

Do I need to hire a professional rigger to check the rigging in a
situation like this?

I mean, replacing all the standing rigging on any boat is not a trivial
matter.

Now I don't necessarily have to have new rigging on the boat I buy, but
if it needs to be replaced I need to know up front. And adjust the price
as appropriate...

Richard

New survey Frank Boettcher ASA 15 June 4th 06 01:44 AM
Please help with a UseNet survey Director General 0 October 22nd 05 01:17 AM
Do-it-yourself survey. How? Look for what? Tony Van Boat Building 1 August 2nd 04 02:21 AM
Ownership Question/Survey Sean Sullivan NYC General 4 December 18th 03 06:04 AM
Just a little question/survey about living aboard Tom ASA 16 November 24th 03 07:38 PM