Default 4'/22kg Radar Antenna on Sea Ray 315 Sundancer Arch?

Bruce in Alaska wrote:
Bzzzt, Wrong answer, would you like to try again for what is behind
Door #2??????

Sure lots of things were wrong, I did say I'd forgotten most of this
stuff. :-) Probably for good reason I might add, didn't put any beans
on my table.

But, the answer to what was being bandied about sort of boils down to
why the dish used for satellite service in Florida is a different size
than the one used in Alaska, ignoring all the boring stuff about
pitch/yaw and things like that.

Bruce in Alaska wrote in news:bruceg-
:

Bruce in alaska a Longtime Marine RadioMan, but now just
an Old Fart......
-

Bruce's radar still operates on a bedspring antenna on VHF....(c;

Now THAT's OLD!

Larry
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics

Default 4'/22kg Radar Antenna on Sea Ray 315 Sundancer Arch - ok

In article ,
Marc Heusser alid
wrote:

I tried to find any specification throgh the local dealer, and he did
not even get an answer at Sea Ray in the States (neither yes nor no,
essentially along the lines of we do not supply it so we do not know):

I would like to have a 4'/22kg Radar antenna on a Sea Ray 315 Sundancer
Sport Spoiler, Molded Fiberglass (Seamless) w/Overhead Lighting.

OP he
I finally got an answer from SeaRay (my dealer asked a technician there,
so orally only, not in writing):
Yes, it should be ok to mount 22kg on the Spoiler.

Thanks for all your info on radars :-)

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics

My son in law has a Sea Ray 36... He has a 4 foot rotating bar antenna
on his arch.. No problems I am aware of...

denny

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:47:10 +0200, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:

Yes, it should be ok to mount 22kg on the Spoiler.

Just as an FYI, on a boat it is known as a "radar arch".

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics

In article . com,
Denny wrote:

My son in law has a Sea Ray 36... He has a 4 foot rotating bar antenna
on his arch.. No problems I am aware of...

denny

Thank you - good to know.

Marc

Larry wrote:

Bruce in Alaska wrote in news:bruceg-
:

Bruce in alaska a Longtime Marine RadioMan, but now just
an Old Fart......
-

Bruce's radar still operates on a bedspring antenna on VHF....(c;

Now THAT's OLD!

Larry

I actually DID work on one of those VHF Radars, as very young tech.
It was at a Military Museum, and I replaced the Dynamotor that suppiled
the HV for the Transmitter. I got the Dynamotor from a unit that was
"Scrapped in Place" half way up the Mountain at Alitak, Alaska on the
southern tip of Kodiak Island. It was installed during WWII, to do
Sea Search for the Japanese Navy approching Kodiak Island. I was able to
lug the Dynamotor, down off the mountain, on one of my trips to the top,
to service a Remote Base Marine VHF site I had installed at the summit.
It is amazing how far 25 Watts of VHF will go when the Antenna is at
3500 Ft. That Site was designed to work a Tropo Path, 235 Miles long,
to an associated Salmon Processor at Chignik, Alaska. Really worked
good most of the summer, untill a weather front would come thru and
dissrupt the Temprature Inversion Layer between the two locations.
Then it would go out, and it took a couple of days, to rebuild the
Inversion Layer, before the path would return. Now days, it is all
done by SatPhones, and Cellular. Oh well, MF/HF is just about DEAD,
as well, in the Maritime Community. Good thing I am reTIRED.....

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

alid wrote:

Yes, it should be ok to mount 22kg on the Spoiler.

Just as an FYI, on a boat it is known as a "radar arch".

That is what I thought too - Sea Ray calls them Sport Spoiler ;-)

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com
remove CHEERS and from MERCIAL to get valid e-mail
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:02:29 +0200, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:

That is what I thought too - Sea Ray calls them Sport Spoiler ;-)

That's some marketing jerk that barely knows which end goes forward.

4'/22kg Radar Antenna on Sea Ray 315 Sundancer Arch? Marc Heusser General 25 July 23rd 07 02:34 PM
Self-built Radar Arch Mic Cruising 2 July 16th 05 05:14 PM
FS: Boat-Antenna Radar Arch in Toronto Ontario Kumagaj Marketplace 0 December 5th 04 01:01 AM
Custom Radar Arch kgruskin Cruising 2 June 14th 04 04:02 PM
Aftermarket Radar Arch or Mounting kgruskin General 2 June 13th 04 03:29 AM